Sad, Despondent Dwayne: It's tough being the honest man, the nice guy, the good man. My friends tell me I am those things. I know better, but they insist. I am nice, but I wish I were bad. I am good, and hate myself for it. If asked directly, I cannot lie. And so, I tell more than is asked. Will no-one ask?
Reasonable Dwayne: Hello, my name is Dwayne. I am a nice and responsible guy, funny, intelligent, and mostly easygoing when it comes down to it. I have my kids 50%: a son who is 13 and a daughter who is 20 and in college (Go Beavers!). Hopefully, it goes without saying their impact on what I do with my life. I'm really not a very serious person, but I do take care of business. I'll shake off most 'drama' like water off a beaver (obviously, beavers are better at this than ducks ;-P) But, I have my passions and triggers and do display them both often.
Promotional Dwayne: I always have several projects going. Too many, maybe! I love my projects, but am much too happy to neglect them in favor of more fun activities, and so most are ongoing. Someday I expect I’ll travel more, see the wide world, maybe parts of it on a (big) sailboat. Or get a small farm. Who knows? I like to be as prepared as reasonably possible and then take it as it comes … unless I don’t like it, in which case I am driven to do what I can to change it. This is why I don't follow politics closely. This is why I have what I want. Mostly.
Real Dwayne: What does a woman on PoF mean when she says she wants a "real man". Please be more specific. In one sentence, a mission statement maybe, I think a real man does the right thing, and gets it done, without regard to the odds and personal gain. I try, but I do not always meet that vision. IMO, actually, I am worse than most.
The rest of What I Had To Say Before: Although I've been a denizen (I don't really use that word!) of PoF for quite some time, I'm not messing around here, in any sense of the word (messing, not denizen :> ) I will not message someone unless I honestly think we might enjoy each other's company. I daresay that my "date per time spent on PoF" is one of the lowest. I treat women (everyone, really) with respect. I am looking to get out and have some fun, take things slow, and see if I can find someone special.
Many would consider me a hopeless romantic, and I agree. I used to dismiss practicality in favor of hopeful romance. Now, I'm more pragmatic ... does that mean I've grown up? No! Still:
1) I am allergic to cats. Not to be forward, but no matter how clean your place is, if you have an inside cat I cannot stay there on a regular basis.
2) My son is with me half time and I am jealous of that time. Not that exceptions won't be made, but I am spoken for every Wed/Thurs and alternating weekends.
3) I'm only 5' 10.75" I rounded up instead of down. I'm an optimist.
And now, I'll torpedo any chance I have with you. Maybe you'll understand where I come from and the torpedo becomes an orbital lift vehicle .
New, Bitter Dwayne adds, from sad, bitter experience:
4) If you will reply to me, exchange a few messages, maybe even meet me, and then ignore further overtures of continuing pursuit of a relationship together, please bug off to start with. Say "No, thanks" for CFS. Being a real man aspirant, I can take it. Being a nice man, it hurts much less than hope dashed.
5) Do not tell me on the first date that you don't kiss until the 4th date and then try to make out at the end of the 1st. It's goddamned confusing and I'll bolt.
6) Do not be a hypocrite.
7) I am not interested in a woman that does not pull her own weight. I will pull yours, mine, and ours when necessary, but expect the same of my partner.