So here's the dilemma: how do I get you to a) continue reading this and b) decide to chat with me? Because you know what? Since being on POF, I have learned a few things about the way this works. All I have to offer in order to entice you to talk to me is a few photos. And while they aren't bad, you are seeing so many. There is, without doubt, so much choice out there. In addition, you ladies are getting contacted by lots of guys. Sure, there are many not worth responding to, but there are also many that appear good on paper, so to speak. So again, how do I catch your attention? Well, not likely by blithering on like this...
So here's the deal: I do actually read your profiles. And upon reading, it seems that you are coming upon many "red flags" from guys out there. I will try to remove some of these...
1) I don't come with destructive "baggage". I was married but I am now divorced (not separated). My ex is not still meddling in my life and she is not crazy. I have an 11 year-old daughter who lives with her mom full time but who I see every day. She is a daddy's girl;) What we so nonchalantly call "baggage" is in reality our life experiences up to this point. Every day that goes by, we collect new "baggage". But it is not necessarily negative. It includes our children and our past relationships, our tragedies but also our victories. We all have "baggage" because we have all "experienced" life. Even those who haven't been married or had children have baggage. You have baggage;) it just takes different forms.
2) I am really single, I am not here to play "games", and I actually want to meet someone special. I am honest and I am who I say I am. If we chat and you would like to meet in person, I will do that.
3) I am a good catch. I am not going to provide a long list of cliche characteristics in an attempt to convince you that I am a mix between Adonis and Romeo (although I am a bit;). While it is difficult not to indulge in egocentricism when selling yourself...I have an impressive professional career (history professor) and I am ambitious and rising quickly (published seven books). From what I am told, I am attractive. I am athletic and I lift weights regularly. I own a nice house and I drive a nice car. While this is all hedonistic and materialistic, I realize it is also part of the scene.
4) I can offer more than most guys in the way of depth. I am reasonably intelligent and I have a decent intellect. I am also a communicator, whether it comes to discussing world events, politics, what is bothering you, or gossip at the office. I also place a high importance on verbal intimacy. Communication is akin to sharing. I will never be part of one those old couples you see at restaurants, who never say a word to each other. As you can tell, on the contrary, I likely have too much to say;)
5) I am tolerant. Not only will I always listen to you, but I will actually hear what you are saying. If I am with you, I will be your best friend. While I am not perfect, I will seek to be compassionate, caring, and patient. I am good at self-reflection. I am prepared to look in the mirror and accept what I see. I am aware of my flaws and I will admit them openly. More importantly, I will listen to your advice and to what you see in me, whether good or bad. I am still learning and will never stop. I am a student of this life, as are you. Walk with me.
6) I am physically affectionate. As unmanly as this may sound to some, I have no problem saying that I am a cuddler;) (and likely the best kisser you have ever experienced but alas, I get ahead of myself...)
7) Distance is no barrier to a relationship. I say this in particular for those in Toronto who may think it is not worth taking a chance...I am in TO all the time. If it was the best move, I would uproot. I will make it work if you give me the chance.
8) I like to travel and I want to do more.
9) I am not boring. Don't let the professor thing fool you. I am not a geek; I am young at heart and I intend to have a good time and enjoy myself until my last breath. This life is so fleeting and we are so fortunate. Everything is relative. Shame on us if we don't see this and count our blessings. Let's have a good time. You shall never be bored. Promise.
But ladies, it's kind of like those commercials, you know the ones that say: if you are sick of paying checking fees, stop paying checking fees? So, if you are sick of talking to guys who don't have a brain in their heads, or can't write a sentence, or aren't genuine, or who only want sex or to talk about sex, or pose with their shirts off or with dead animals...I think you get the point.
So, here's the proposal: if I have contacted you, rather than deleting me how about you take a chance and get to know me. I'm thinking you may be pleasantly surprised;)
First dates are nerve wracking enough without adding the pressure of having to create some impressive display. I find that getting together for coffee or a drink is the best way to start. But it is about you, not me. I will do whatever you wish...
If there is chemistry, we will get together again;)