This 2014 has been very interesting so far. I took over custody of my oldest daughter in the summer and that has changed our lives a lot. The last 6 months we both adjusted and now that we have a solid routine, one that has been established for 4 months, I'm ready to start dating and attempting to find a soul mate.
I start off with the above because this has been my biggest accomplishment this year. Working full time, doing contract work, coaching softball and being a full dad has been a huge juggle but one that I have mastered and controlled. Now you probably saying, will he have time for me... the truth is, I'm not trying to find a woman to add to my juggling routine but rather someone who can be there while I have my free time and be part of my backbone.
No, I don't need someone to support me by any means but sometimes it is nice to have someone you can talk to, unwind with, and enjoy a good kid-free moment.
I would love to find someone who:
- knows have to have a bi-directional conversation (this is very important)
- has kids or someone who can understand that I will have someone above them at all times
- is self-sustained and very independent.
- knows that a relationship doesn't happen overnight and is willing to start of as friends and date exclusively (very important)
Thinks I don't care too much about:
- body size
- how much money you make, or don't make
- where you live, as long as you're not more than an hour drive away
- Very independent
- Live on my own with my daughter
- Self sustained
- Computer nerd ( do this for a living )
- Huge gamer (video games -- did this for a living for 12 years)
- Love traveling
- Love animals
- I'm far away from perfect but I'm always willing to learn and adjust
- I prefer phone conversations over text messages but love texting while at work
- I'm an extremely chill lay-back person and very opened minded (and not in a dirty minded way)
- I have a high threshold for most things but once you pass my threshold it is very hard to get back on my good side
Don't just take my words for this feel free to find out on your own.
I personally believe this is more of a question to ask after I've gotten to know you. Every person is different so setting up a first-date that is very generic is what it is, generic. I would prefer to get to know, understand you likes and dislikes to plan a more appropriate first date.
However, things I won't do on a first date: Movies, meet parents, meet kids (either you meeting mine or me meeting yours... not for a first date or first few dates).