((( Disclaimer: For the women with measuring tapes at the ready, I'm actually 5'9", but that option isn't working on POF...yes, yes, I'm so sneaky, you caught me )))
I'm an ambitious Canadian/American (dual citizen), who is currently career focused as an ITO Program Manager at XBOX, but still knows how to appreciate the simple things in life...and yes, I embody all of the crazy stereotypes surrounding canucks…I do play hockey, enjoy 11.5 months of snow, have Red Green's number on my cell, am certified to ride a polar bear, have an unexplainable love of Tim Horton's, am overly respectful of others, know the metric system, have all of Bryan Adams CD's, view Don Cherry as a father figure, pour maple syrup on everything I eat, (used to) speak French...AND...I know how to build an igloo!!!
Here’s the deal...I'm not going to copy/paste the usual cliché’s in describing myself or the people I wish to surround myself with...Long-short: I'm pretty laid back, quick-witted, and an optimistic guy looking to meet/know the same!!!
11:11, 7-UP, 8 hours sleep, A-cups, Air Shows, AirMiles, Alki, Ambient Trance Music, Architecture, Astroglide, Awareness, B-cups, Backyard BBQ's, Bananas, BBC World News, Beaches, Biz School, Bowling, Boxer Briefs, Bran Muffins, Burke-Gilman Trail, C-cups, Calgary, Campfires, Canasta, Cargo Shorts, Carrot Juice, Chairlifts, Cheese Strings, Chili, Chips & Salsa, Classic Rock Music, Clean Sheets, Computers, Colorado, Cool Water Cologne, Craigslist, Cussing, D-cups, Day Trips, Dive Bars, Diversity, Documentaries, DVR's, Dysons, E-cups (wait, is there such a thing?), Earlobes, Fareed Zakahria, Food Trucks, Footsie, French Bread, French Kissing, French Press, Gin/Tonic, Glamping, Grammar, Green Lights, Green Tea, Guinness, Gym/Exercise, Happy Hour, Hard Boiled Eggs, Hefeweizen, Hiking, Hot Showers, Hot Tubs, Houseplants, Huskies, Intelligence, Irish Pubs, iTunes, Jazz Music, Jeeps, Jimmy John’s, Ketchup Chips (Canadian thing), Kids, Kefir, Kokanee, Lacrosse, Lighthouses, Linen Scented Bleach, LinkedIn, Logic, Long Weekends, Mariners, Marymoor, Massages, Mexican Food, Moab, Mountain Bike Riding, Mountains, Naps, Navy Blue, New Rock Music, Oceans, Orange Julius (just the drink), Outlet Stores, Palm Springs, Panera Bread, Peanut Butter, Penny Slots, Perogies, Philadelphia Flyers, PHO, Photography, Picnics, PLAYING Hockey, Poker, Ponytails, Port Wine (Tawny), Prime Rib, Probiotics, Problem-solving, San Diego, Sarcasm, Satire Comedy, Sauerkraut, Seafood, Seahawks, Shortbread, Shower Karaoke, Silvertips, Skiing, Slowcookers, Snowfall, Sonicare Toothbrush, Scrabble, Sounders, Spinach Smoothies, Steel Cut Oats, Sunrise/Sunsets, Sushi, Sweetened Iced Tea, Swimming Pools, Taco Time, Tennis, Thai Food, Thunderbirds, Tosh.0, Touchless Carwashes, Track Jackets, Trivia, Vegas!!!, Vitamix, Volunteering, Winnipeg Jets, Yardwork, Yellowstone, Yogurt
90210, Addiction, Allergies, Altoids, Anchovies, Anime, Anorexia, Assumptions, Black Licorice, Blogs, Brazil Nuts, Breast Implants (I know, right?), Bulimia, Buttermilk, Carrot Top, Cheez Whiz, Chuck Norris, Cilantro, Clinginess, Clip-on Ties, Cold Showers, Commercials, Complaining, Congress, Conspiracy Theories, Cremated Bacon, Denny's, Depression, Double Dippers, Ego, Evangelism, Excessive Tanning, Excuses, Facebook-a-holics, Fried Celery, Gene Juarez, Glowsticks, Gossip, Greed, Hangnails, Hypochondriacs, Idol Shows, Ignorance, Illiteracy, Immaturity, Incense, IPA's, Jailbait, Jealousy, Kardashians, Laziness, Lemon Iced Tea, Liver, Lizards, MAC's, Malt Vinegar, Merlot, Mindless Action Movies, Miracle Whip, Mosquitos, Nordstroms, Obnoxiousness, Old Country Buffet, Outhouses, Pageant Moms, Paranormals, Pastels, Plums, Racism, Red Bull, Runny Eggs, Skim Milk, Slugs, Small Dogs, Snakes, Snobs, Soap Scum, Soggy Tents, Southern Comfort, Spider Webs, Super Spicy, Super Sweet, Superficialness, Taco Bell, Tardiness, Telemarketers, TMZ, Traffic, Trashy Reality Shows, Twilight, Twitter, War, Watches, Wet Dogs, Whole Foods, Wool Socks, World of Warcraft
(DISCLAIMER: Admittedly, I have been known to develop crushes on depressed, fried celery eating, Kardashian worshiping, Twilight reading, greedy, red bull drinking, hypochondriac babes...so these are obviously some flexible "dislikes")
BTW...Since the ladies on this site are kind enough to share lists of "what women wished men knew", I figured I would reciprocate with the same from the other side (although I suspect most of this has already been disclosed for decades at grocery checkouts all around the world).
"What Men wished Women knew":
1. Express yourself. It makes us proud, even if someone thinks you're wrong.
2. You look hot in running shoes and shorts. And that stretchy top thingy with the stripes.
3. If you're truly interested in us, don't play hard to get - this isn't high school.
4. Shopping is a chore, not an activity.
5. When I screw up, go ahead and tell me...once.
6. I'm hot for you, not your sister or your friend or your coworker.
7. Don't be afraid to ditch the makeup. Natural is sexier.
8. Leave the eyebrows alone. Plucked ain't pretty.
9. You can have sex with us any time you want. Seriously.
10. When the game is on, we will pay attention to you if you're nice about it. Bark, and we shut down.
11. We find ambition to be attractive, not threatening.
12. We crave hugs and hand-holding too. And no, it doesn't always have to lead to sex.
13. Falling asleep in your towel-damp citrus-scented shampoo-conditioned hair is bliss.
14. There's no better sound in the world to a man, than you, having a genuine orgasm.
15. I just may lie to make you feel good. Don't be angry about this. You really weren't looking for the truth anyway.
16. You're really bad at faking it...yes, we can tell.
17. If I offer my help while you're getting ready, it means you're late.
18. Err on the side of hot; I love to show you off - unless we're meeting my parents.
19. When you call us at work "just to chat," we're not really listening; we're checking our e-mail or working via hand gestures.
20. That vanilla stuff from The Body Shop makes us crazy for you.
21. We don't mind being told we look good, just don't ever call it a "cute outfit".
22. We love ponytails!
23. We're just as nervous as you are the first time in bed together.
24. Likewise to girls wanting someone funny, make us laugh and we'll want to hang around as well.
25. Being young at heart and wanting to have fun does not make us childish or immature.
26. There will be items in the garage which we cannot justify keeping, but we will...just in case.
27. We feel the burden of being the provider even if it's not necessary - it's hardwired in our DNA.
28. Do not expect to have long conver