Here are a few unwritten rules, observations, and what I think people are thinking while they're on POF:
1. Oooh a message! But wait, maybe I shouldn't open it too quickly. I'll look desperate!
2. Why are you taking so long to read my message?!?! I know you're online!
3. Did you even READ my message? What's going on? Don't tell me you deleted it without even opening it! That's just wrong.
4. Any deleted emails to or from me: DOH!
5. What's happening on Facebook?
6. Are you serious? Do you honestly think WE would be good together? Can you really picture yourself with me? Come on!
7. OK. You've been online since you read my message and you're STILL online now....WTF?
8. Why are there so many pictures of women from behind, with their hands up against the wall. Are they holding the wall up? Or are they about to be frisked?
9. Re-read Number 5
10. Maybe there's something on TV.
11. Laugh, laugh, laugh, laugh, laugh at the above and at all of the shoddily written emails....and profiles with misspelled words & typos!
When you don't really know the other person, first dates are not really first dates. They are more like introductions. So, we shouldn't make them stressful. I think we should keep the first dates simple. Just like a little meet and greet kind of thing. If we get along well and we both want to see each other again, then we can make plans for a second first date!