I like being around people who have a no-nonsense, down-to-Earth, ironic wit. Funny folks are honest and intelligent. If someone doesn't have a sense of humor then they have no sense at all :)
Here are a few observations I've made about women's profiles:
1) If you're tired of kissing frogs, you might be co-dependent.
2) If you want the princess/fairy tale ending then you might ought to consider that those tales were popular among peasant girls living under the Feudal System. You on the other hand, live in a free, high-tech, modern Democracy.
3) If you fancy yourself a nice girl who wants a bad boy, you're not a nice girl, and can I have your phone number?
4) "Girls just wanna have fun"...Men translate this to mean "Just add alcohol and watch what happens."
5) That selfie of you on your bed...Some pictures are worth a thousand words, but my mind went blank. I can only think of one word.
6) "Now taking applications"...Does that mean you have a high turnover rate?
7) "Tired of the bar scene"...Did you find the hangovers and casual sex lacking?
8) "Juliet looking for a Romeo"...Juliet was 13 and Romeo was 17. A priest manipulated their weekend-long, manic-obsessive infatuation for political purposes. That backfired. They committed suicide. The end.
So now I'm curious to know what things men post on their profiles that raise eyebrows and cause smirks ;)
Meet for coffee or a drink in order to weed out the crazies. A good first date should be quick and painless and needs a good, built-in escape plan just in case we get on each others' nerves. And if you're laughing at this, then we probably wouldn't need to escape from each other.