I like being around people who have a no-nonsense, down-to-Earth, ironic wit. We know who we are. People who don't get our kind of humor tend to not like us. I think it's because they're too busy being self-conscious and feel left out. But Hell, if someone doesn't have a sense of humor then they have no sense at all :)
Here are a few observations I've made about women's profiles:
1) If you're tired of kissing frogs, you might be co-dependent.
2) If you want the princess/fairy tale ending then you might ought to consider that those tales were popular among peasant girls living under the Feudal System. You on the other hand, live in a free, high-tech, feminized, modern Democracy. Plus, you're not six.
3) If you fancy yourself a nice girl who wants a bad boy, you're not a nice girl and can I have your phone number?
4) "Girls just wanna have fun"...Men translate this to mean "Just add alcohol and watch what happens."
5) That selfie of you with your bed in the background...Some pictures are worth a thousand words but my mind went blank. I can only think of one word for that pic ;)
6) "Too hot to handle"...You decided to stop taking your meds. How is that going?
7) "Are you up to the challenge?"...Are you difficult?
8) "Open minded"...Let's work on those boundaries a little.
9) "Now taking applications"...Does that mean you have a high turnover rate?
10) "Tired of the bar scene"...Did you find the hangovers and casual sex lacking?
11) "Looking for a REAL man"...Sorry you hate your father and your ex husbands.
13) No profile pic...Sorry you hate your current husband.
14) "Re-inventing myself"...Are you finding that trying out Buddhism feels less guilty for what you did on Saturday night?
So now I'm curious to know what things men post on their profiles that raise eyebrows and cause smirks ;)
Meet for coffee or a drink. A good first date should be quick and painless and needs a good, built-in escape plan just in case we get on each others' nerves. And if you're laughing at this, then we probably wouldn't need to escape from each other.