I tried to dodge POF's demand for a word that describes me best, but otherwise it wouldn't let me save my profile - so "Adventurer" it is. I'm a composite of several of their choices and I think not at all best described by just one.
• I’m a big Yankee fan. (Not larger than most, just really enthusiastic)
• I am not however an enthusiastic football, basketball, or hockey fan.
• I enjoy a weekend at a casino whether I win or lose. Winning, I found is a bit better.
• I never tried a cigarette - any kind. Okay, bubble gum cigarettes before I got scared straight.
• I do ask for directions - (you see I go to Church every week.)
• I own the rights to the ch -ch -ch sound that people make on the phone while they are trying to figure something out - but I let everyone say it for free. (Unlike the NFL and the words: “Super Bowl”…)
• I am a collector, mostly of memorabilia - (don't worry, no bugs in jars kind of stuff).
• Ironically, I had to look up the word sapiophile before I knew I might fall into this category - but I would classify my attraction more towards someone who “gets it”, and has a quick wit.
• I have updated old fashioned values.
• I enjoy clever or sarcastic pet-names that are used once and never again. The only reference to “Babe” that will come from my lips wore number 3 for the New York Yankees. Okay Pudding-Pop ?
• I would rather day-light savings time work this way: make it dark outside until 11 AM and extend the daylight at the end of the day for a few hours. Kids can wear miners’ helmet lights to the bus stop. They will thank me when they are older.
• I still find it funny when people almost walk into each other and then stop and both move to the same side back and forth when trying to pass. People who are grouchy when that happens are probably not likely to be the type that are in my close circle of friends.
• I’m pro-life. I think I’m allowed to be. While I have friends on both sides of that issue, I’d like to share that value with whomever I date. That doubles my debating team when I’m out with friends and gives that special person and I more free time to debate other less important things when we’re alone.
• I never was a Disco fan. It took me years to convince everyone else that it couldn’t last and…well you can see the results. I enjoy concerts at Jones Beach - and for the most part, like individual songs from many artists as opposed to having lots of favorite bands.
• I love the beach and dining outside during the summer. I guess I live in New York because it’s such a short summer season that it makes me appreciate it more. Wait,… what?
• I like to kid around and enjoy the exchange of light banter - but can be serious, and a good listener too.I will even pay attention - as long as it’s during a commercial.
• I've never been married in my search for the right person, and looking for the same…I’d hate to make someone’s ex-husband look good.
• I have two tortoises - Felix and Oscar. I love dogs, but don’t have one right now. As a matter of fact, I like all animals, so if you own a major zoo, that’s great! - I’d like to piggyback any veterinary discounts you might have access to.
• I like gardening, and enjoy taking plant cuttings and getting them to root. In some cases, you might need to be behind the wheel of the getaway car or create a diversion. Actually for sake of full disclosure and for those that my one day be reviewing this profile to consider my future employment, these instances were not “thefts” but rather always with full consent of the plant owner.
• I sell advertising for a living, and have been doing it for 14 years and is really just my plan “B”. Plan “A” has something to do with me selecting the correct 5 white balls and 1 red ball out of a big drum on an upcoming Wednesday or Saturday.
• I save bugs that get in the house and let them free - unless they are very fast, jumping, ugly spiders, in which case their speed makes them untrustworthy and they meet an untimely death.
• I like shopping - yet I’m straight. Even antiquing……wait a minute, HOLY CRAP !
• I’m conservative - this way I can identify with what it’s like to be a minority.
• My TV profile: The Big Bang Theory, Mysteries of the Museum, Fox News, Yankee Baseball, movies I never got to see, movies I’ve seen a thousand times and know the lines to, reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond, Seinfeld, Malcolm in the Middle, and plenty more.
• I’ve kind of put my social life on a shelf for a while. My dad was ill, and passed away in March of last year and it’s been pretty devastating to lose someone so important to me. I now try to keep an eye on my 85 year old mom now - but figure there’s plenty of room to balance spending some time with someone special and then taking it from there. My parents were married 62 years, so it would be a hard act for me to follow - but maybe someday, with the right person - and tons of exercise and eating right.
• I’m probably just rambling at this point, as this list really could just go on and on, I kind of pulled a Seinfeld, and made it a “list about nothing”. If you’ve made it this far you might have a problem or just looking for one. If so, contact me.
The 1st date ? Well that all depends on what you like as well. I can't propose a generic "date-in-a-can". I get the whole concept that women like men to take charge, but I don't see myself as a knuckle-dragging neanderthal who is going to club you over the head and drag you to something you might not be in to. That's what marriage is for - yuck, yuck..
I like to chat, walk, and grab a bite, and there are a lot of ways we can cover all those with something fun.
......although now it sounds like I'm suggesting us walk up to a drive-thru fast food window, doesn't it?