Snacks are recommended before proceeding, as this gets a bit wordy :
Hello! Hey, hi, hola, guten tag, bonjour, ca va? RIGHT... now that we got that first awkward greeting part out of the way ...I'm Dan. I'm new to Portland. Like REALLY new. Like right off the plane new. Although, from what I'm gathering, that's not too uncommon of a thing here. After living the past year and a half in Pittsburgh, PA, and my entire life on the east coast....I've decided that I'd more that had enough of it, and that it was time for the biggest change ever. So now, I'm here to stay in Portland for a well deserved fresh start!. As of July 2013, I've been here for 6 months. In that time, I've :
- sat in a cafe, and watch it be sunny, raining, misting, hailing, and showers....all within an hour or so
- meditated and watched the sunset from Mt. Tabor
- lost 37 lbs
- seen pirates playing pinball at Ground Kontrol
- been on stage at Dante's for Karaoke from Hell
- been part of a protest
- observed the Naked Bike Ride (didn't take part this year...)
- Experienced the amazingness that is a late night stop at Voodoo Doughnuts
- Went to the Timbers home opener
- Realized that Portlandia is not TOO far off on life here (in a good way)
- found my favorite food cart
- been part of the Ed Forman Show at the Crystal Hotel
- been the only person at the Japanese Gardens
- learned to roll my eyes when I see a California license plate
I am :
- BEYOND proud of my heritage (Polish and Quebecois), and have a typical build of both of them. Meaning, I love to cook, eat and enjoy a pint without being a fat a***, a bit pale and sadly growing a big beard isn't in my genetics, as much as that sucks at times.
- Marching to the beat of my own drum in life. Come join, for it's fun as hell
- tattooed. I have 3 tattoos, currently just on my arms. Some more are happening soon
- WHEN I ROOT, I ROOT FOR THE TIMBERS!
- actually not too bad of a cook, and enjoy doing so! Even have a signature dish or 2
- A herbal, green, OMMP card carrying, 420 friendly person by choice. Hopefully you are at least open minded to people who are. You partake? even better! but not a deal breaker if you don't, by any means
- hard of hearing in one of my ears. It's completely legit, but 9 times out of 10, you would have no idea I even did. If you feel the need to talk super slow or shout at me, I will stare at you with my head slightly tipped to one side..
- A lover of places of culture. I've been extremely lucky in the fact I've been able to travel a bit. So far...28 states, 3 provinces in Canada, and 4 countries in Europe. Favorites so far were : London , Ottawa , Alaska , Vancouver BC, and Dublin.
- an equestrian. Yes I own boots and spurs, sadly at this time I don't own a horse
- someone who's goal is to drive a Zamboni one day.
- A die-hard hockey fan. Winnipeg Jets and Buffalo Sabres!
- A connoisseur of good beer, and am always up to trying new blends or hitting up a beer fest. The more hops, the better. I LOVE IPA's
First dates...oh man. Well in this wonderful city of ours, there are most certainly no lack of ideas for a good first date. Find the best happy hours in SE? Hit a few food carts to make a nice meal? Walk around the waterfront and people watch (and with how awesomely weird Portland can be...that makes for a fun time!). The possibilities are truly endless! NOW...that being said....
We will probably get along swimmingly and then some if :
- you can name your favorite food carts without thinking
- you can name the best happy hours you've been known to frequent even quicker
- a day spent in Powell's City of Books, Forest Park, and Jeld-Wen Field sounds fun as hell
- you are more akin to Carrie Brownstein and Ellen Page than Kim Kardashian and Lindsay Lohan (did I spell those right?)
- Portland is just the right amount of weird for you
- you know what this means: "C'est en faisant n'importe quoi, qu'on devient n'importe qui"
- the weather of Portland doesn't really bother you that much
- you actually like the news, Huffington post, etc
You should probably hold off on messaging me if you:
- are a fan of head games
- are super close minded
- are a commitment-phobe
- have wicked amounts of fun on being vague about your feelings
- are dead set on wanting to pro-create
- have a full spectrum chest tattoo (just not a fan of them)
- are total anti-cannabis and everything attached to that
- talk about religion in your profile