Hi! Welcome to my page. Since you've made it this far I'm going to go ahead and assume that you are here because you heard I'm excellent at fingerpainting. No? Okay good because I'm terrible at it.
I am a college graduate with 3 jobs, I own my own house, built a huge deck off the back of it, own my own car, a luxurious private jet (psssh ok no jet) and I am also an independent filmmaker with my own small business on the side. I really want to find someone who could see themselves in some aspect of the film industry, in front of the camera or behind, as long as it is next to me :)
I'm looking to start with dating for now, possibly working my way up to settling down eventually. Not to say if dating were to get serious I would run away. I'm just trying to say that I want to take my time, date and see how it goes. No pressure, no being forced into a serious relationship otherwise I won't give you your cat back.
Now if you want to know about me then the best way is to hang out with me. That is the best judge of my character. But until such a time as you decide to grace me with your presence I shall bequeath some knowledge upon your furrowed brow. I like to cook with the music on, I like making short films, I am artistic, I'm a fantastic kisser and I give great massages. I am great with kids (I have 2 so I would have to be) and I'm always in a good mood.
Conversation Starters (i.e. what you'd like to do on a first date...)
To me a first date could be many things, more than likely I would like to take you out for lunch and get to know you, also I would want to get to know the persons likes and dislikes first, favorite type of food, atmosphere, etc. Possibly even cooking dinner for the two of us. I enjoy doing activities, even fine dining if the mood strikes lol, but I've also just ordered in and curled up on the couch watching movies, so it really depends on the person I am with and what we both like.
I found this list of 8 things that happens while dating a filmmaker. Something to keep in mind if you are interested in dating lol.
1. The filmmaker will always write your awkward sibling into a script. Or anything embarrassing from your childhood. In fact, your whole life is fair game for stories.
2. They are probably considering what angle they would shoot this serious conversation you’re trying to have with them from.
3. The filmmaker will ruin every movie you watch together. For example, as you’re sobbing at the protagonist’s cancer revelation, they will comment on the use of a wide angle lens on a dolly.
4. During a shoot, a filmmaker always falls in love with his or her leading lady or man. It just happens. They’ve created a whole story about this person and they are constantly staring at them on set. They will fall in love during the shoot, but it will be innocent and it will be over when the film is over.
5. There is a lot of travel in any filmmaker’s agenda. Travel for shooting, travel for festivals, travel for casting, etc.
6. They are considering who in your network they could tap for free labor on their next shoot.
7. You may spend more than one Saturday as an extra. Or, if they’re super low-budget, you may find yourself staring in an Indie Horror taking place in your kitchen.
8. They have no predictable working hours, and may show up at your door at 5am after a night of editing. Enjoy your booty call — you’re dating a filmmaker!