I apologize in advance for the length of this, but I teach reading/writing, so here's my version of an "About Me" essay:
Let me start by saying that if I have made you a "favorite" that means I am interested, even if I have not messaged you! I realize that this is a pet peeve of a lot of guys on here. I get a lot of messages from members who I can immediately tell that it is unfortunately a "no thank you" on my end. So, this is me giving you the chance to check out my profile and if there is a mutual interest, please message me, and if not then no harm/no foul! I guess I am a little old-fashioned in that way :) I am slowly adding new pics...I have recently lost 10+ lbs, so I am actually smaller than most of my pics. I am currently obsessed with the MyFitnessPal app and work out 3-4 times a week (Zumba and other dance classes).
I am a teacher and single mom of one (9 yr old boy) and he is truly the light of my life. I made a career change six years ago (to education) so that I could not only spend more time with my son, but also feel like I am making a difference in this crazy world. I love my job! I am a Christian, was baptized when I was 21, and attend church weekly (volunteer there every week too). I am by no means perfect and certainly not expecting someone who is. I would, however like to find someone who already attends church regularly, or who is willing to go try it out with me on Saturday nights :)
A few things I am looking for and some things I am not...
1. I am super picky about meeting people in person and only willing to meet if I think there is a definite spark there. I won't settle for just anyone and typically date younger guys (mid to upper 30's, no younger than that). I am not a cougar and I hate that word anyway! I am open to someone my age or a few years older, as long as you can keep up with me! ;) I am always told that I look like I am in my early to mid 30's, so I gravitate to those who are young at heart and spirit, like myself. Physical compatibility is very important to me as is a genuine and loving heart. If you tell me that the physical part of a relationship "is really not that important," then that's a red flag for me that we definitely won't work!
2. Up until recently, I couldn't have cared less about zombie movies, but now I love, love, love The Walking Dead! I have a fascination with end of the world/disaster type movies, so that show is right up my alley. If the plot involves a virus that spreads like wildfire or a natural disaster, I am hooked...I am Legend, Outbreak, Contagion, 2012, World War Z, etc. Don't laugh at me when I am holding my hand up, covering my eyes, and peeking through my fingers :D
3. I am on here to meet someone special...not to gain a pen pal, someone who wants to just talk for hours/months on the phone and never meet, or someone who just wants to text and never meet. If we have a connection after talking or texting a few times, we should meet in person already! My schedule can be a little crazy, but I will try my best to be accommodating for a meet and greet.
4. If you are over the age of 25 and still wear Hollister, Aeropostale, Affliction, or Ed Hardy...we probably won't be a good match. However, if you occasionally wear a backwards baseball cap, I think that's adorable :-) I am also a sucker for a guy who wears a classic white crew-neck tee under his shirts. White tank tops ("wife beaters")...no bueno! :p And, it goes both ways, please don't lie about your body type and especially your height. When you are standing next to me and the same height as me, I will know that you are 5' 5" and NOT what you put on your profile!
5. If you are a workaholic, never home, or travel a lot, then I am probably not the girl for you. I am very passionate/affectionate (the Latina side of me) and would miss you if you're gone too much ;)
6. If you've never been able to commit to just one person or have always been a serial cheater, please pass me by. I am not a serial dater and date only one person at a time. I am obviously not on here to go on as many dates as I can, or I would have done that already (I've been on two POF dates in the past year). If you have recently broken up with someone, still unsure about it, or pining away for an ex, please don't contact me! I have had some recent experiences where an ex is lurking in the background, only to resurface at the worst possible time.
7. If you enjoy holding hands, cuddling, and mild pda, then we're probably a good match. If I like you, you will know it, but not to the point where people are saying "Dang! Get a room!" (borrowed from someone else's profile...lol). My primary love language is physical touch, and secondary is quality time (The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman). If you haven't read this book, you should!
8. I have a heart for helping the less fortunate. I was in that demographic growing up, and now enjoy volunteering and paying it forward/giving back. Would love someone willing to do these things with me.
9. I love roller coasters/thrill rides and have a Six Flags season pass. You'll have to save me from the creepy Fright Fest characters during Halloween though! Camping is fun too...even with tents and no electricity. I am a hotel snob, but never pay full price for a nice room...Priceline.com rocks!
10. Some of you don't realize, when you are messaging/talking to more than one teacher...that there is a possibility that we may know each other! My coworker is on here too, and yes we do compare messages/pictures to see if we are talking to the same guys. You have no idea how often this actually happens! So, just keep that in mind when you are trying to schedule a date with BOTH of us on the same weekend...true story! LOL