Let me start by saying that if I have made you a "favorite" that means I am interested, even if I have not messaged you! I realize that this is a pet peeve of a lot of guys on here. I get a lot of messages from members who I can immediately tell that it is unfortunately a "no thank you" on my end. So, this is me giving you the chance to check out my profile and if there is a mutual interest, please message me, and if not then no harm/no foul! I guess I am a little old-fashioned in that way :)
I am a teacher and single mom of one (8 yr old boy) and he is truly the light of my life. I made a career change five years ago (to education) so that I could not only spend more time with my son, but also feel like I am making a difference in this crazy world. I love my job! I have been a Christian since I was 21, and not someone who just throws that word around, but someone who attends church weekly, volunteers there, participates in a life group (bible study), and who has a personal relationship with Jesus. I am not what some would refer to as being a "bible beater," but do want the man in my life to share my beliefs/values, enjoy going to church as a family, and to have a strong desire to help those who are less fortunate. I am definitely someone who is "young at heart," which is a plus for both my profession and being a mom. I love to plan and do fun things with my son, whether that be going to the movies, Six Flags, or planning a weekend trip to Sea World. I am very happy with my life, but now ready to share it with someone else. I believe the best way to do that is to develop a strong friendship that will hopefully progress into a relationship.
A few things I am looking for and some things I am not...
1. I have been on this site off and on for a few years, but have only been on one date from here. It was a disappointment :( I am super picky about meeting people in person and willing to wait for the right one to come along. I do not NEED a man in my life, but at this point would like one to share my life with...he has to be the right one for me, however, because I won't settle. I typically date younger guys (mid to upper 30's, no younger than that). I am not a cougar and I hate that word anyway! I am most definitely open to someone my age or a few years older. Age is just a number, but I am always told that I look like I am in my 30's, so I gravitate to those who are young at heart and spirit, like myself. Guys my age want girls in their 20's anyway...at least that's what some of y'all have told me! Your bank account does not concern me...my son and I have been on our own for almost 6 years now, and doing just fine thank you :) Physical attraction is very important to me as is a genuine and loving heart. Hopefully that doesn't sound wrong, but I think that is the case with everyone. I am not conceited by any means, but old enough to know what works for me and what won't, if that makes sense?!
2. Up until recently, I couldn't have cared less about zombie movies, but now I love, love, love The Walking Dead! I have a fascination with end of the world/disaster type movies, so that show is right up my alley. If the plot involves a virus that spreads like wildfire or a natural disaster, I am hooked...I am Legend, Outbreak, Contagion, 2012, World War Z, etc.
3. I am on here to meet someone special...not to gain a pen pal, someone who wants to just talk for hours/months on the phone and never meet, or someone who just wants to text and never meet. If we have a connection after talking a few times, we should meet in person already!
4. If you are over the age of 25 and still wear Hollister, Aeropostale, Affliction, or Ed Hardy...we probably won't be a good match. However, if you occasionally wear a backwards baseball cap, I think that's adorable :-) I am also a sucker for a guy who wears a classic white crew-neck tee under his shirts. White tank tops ("wife beaters")...no bueno! :p
5. If you are a workaholic, never home, or travel a lot, then I am definitely not the girl for you. I need us to be more than two ships passing in the night!
6. If you enjoy holding hands, cuddling, and mild pda, then we're probably a good match. If I like you, you will know it, but not to the point where people are saying "Dang! Get a room!" (borrowed from someone else's profile...lol). My primary love language is physical touch, and secondary is quality time (The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman). If you haven't read this book, you should!
7. I have a heart for helping the less fortunate. I was in that demographic growing up, and now enjoy volunteering and paying it forward/giving back.
8. I love roller coasters/thrill rides and have a Six Flags season pass. You'll have to save me from the creepy Fright Fest characters during Halloween though!
9. I like to go camping...even the kind with tents and no electricity ;-) Would love to go again soon!
10. The rest you'll have to discover on your own :-)