I couldn't really think of anything that wasn't too clichéd to start this, so I guess "Hello" will have to do...Well, now that we have that bit of awkwardness out of the way, I can move on to the important stuff :)
Oh, and before I move on to the important stuff, I should probably mention that I'm highly allergic to cats and allergic to a fair number of breeds of dogs. If you have a cat and plan on having one as a long term pet, you may want to save yourself some time and move on. Sorry to be harsh, but I don't want to waste your time or mine!
I'm an IT Consultant, which is fancy-talk for "sitting at a desk writing computer programs". Does it mean I can hack into secure networks? Sadly no...but it does mean that if I'm mad at you, I won't help set up your printer. And if you get that reference, I'd be very impressed!
Laughter truly is the best medicine and I'd hate to go even one day without laughing. You'll find that I'm a big old goofball, but I have a serious side when the time comes. I love cooking, but even more so baking. I'd really enjoy opening a breakfast/lunch restaurant with a dedicated bakery attached.
I'm looking for a lady with a great sense of humor and a kind heart. Someone who can bring out the best in me and encourage me to my fullest potential. And most of all, a good person who can make me happy. That's the most important thing in life, isn't it?
Some of the things I'm interested in:
- Movies (Comedy is my favorite, but any genre other than Horror really)
- Music (Stevie Wonder/Temptations/Motown is my favorite, but I listen to just about anything)
- TV (Arrow, Flash, Big Bang Theory, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, etc etc)
- Sports (Cubs, Blackhawks, Bulls and Bears)
- Star Wars
- Comic Books (They may get a bad rep, but they're fun. And the large majority of books I read aren't even about Superheroes. I truly appreciate the art form itself and the unique way it allows for storytelling; I would love to write some of my own one day)
My ideal first date would be an opportunity to learn about the other person, but without the awkwardness of the "first-date interview". Something fun that allows for conversation. Bowling? Shooting pool would be good too.