PLEASE READ MY PROFILE BEFORE MESSAGING ME. Ok, I know I wrote a lot so at the very least please skim it. I obviously love to write. I can type faster than I can think so I sometimes write a lot without meaning to.
I'm very VERY independent. Codependency is a major turnoff. Codependency ranks number 1 in things I don't want in a relationship. You don't NEED to be in a relationship. Love yourself first and then we can talk. Self pity is another major turnoff. I understand that everybody has their ups and downs and nobody is happy 100% of the time but if you're sad and angry all the time we probably won't get along. I would say I'm happy 98% of the time. The other 2% usually occurs at work and I'm not big on bringing my work home with me sooooo...
That being said I work in TV news. I'm a technical director. Basically I make mugshots and maps, produce various weather cutins, news teases, etc. and I push buttons during the evening news. It's a good gig. I've been at the same station for 11 years because I love what I do. I've been working in broadcasting since I was 18... started in radio 15 years ago and fell in love with the technical side of broadcasting.
I'm not a health nut but I do try to workout, meditate, and eat a healthy diet everyday. I have a long bucket list but my top 3 goals in life are to live to 100 and to thru-hike the Pacific Crest Trail and Appalachian Trail. If you don't care about your health we will not get along. If you're interested in meditation but not sure where to start check out Mindfulness in Plain English. It's not how I got started but it's great for beginners. (I actually started when I was 12 after reading a Readers Digest article... cute, huh?) Also try yoga. I haven't done it in a while but it's a great way to clear the mind and get in shape at the same time.
My profile says I'm a Christian but I'm more spiritual than I am religious. I haven't been to church in about 5 years and I have no real strong desire to either. I'm not really down with misogyny or homophobia and I don't think Jesus would be either so I tend to avoid church and preachy types of people. Christian is what I was raised and that's what I am in the back of my head so that's what I put down. I have very, very heavy Buddhist influences in my life though. I've read a lot of the Dalai Lama's stuff and I just get a really good feeling from Buddhist ideas and philosophy. I believe you should love everyone as you would love yourself. Gay, straight, male, female, black, white, good, bad, religious, atheist, cats, dogs. All living creatures deserve to be loved and to be happy.
Art serves a major purpose in my life. I'm one of those people who needs a creative outlet. Music, graphic design, film-making, writing, you name it, I've probably tried it at one time or another and it occupies most of my spare time.
I own two cats. Guinness (my black cat) and Grey Kitty (who has no name). And I own cat's not because I'm a cat person (I'm an ANIMAL person) but because ***holes abandon their pets at the station and I have a soft spot for neglected animals. I'm buying my first house this November and the first thing I'm going to do when I get settled in is adopt a dog.
I love to read. I love educating myself and reading is just one of those things I can't get enough of. If I have a spare minute I'm usually on my kindle app. I'm usually reading a fiction book and non-fiction book simultaneously... Not really at the same time but you know what I mean. I read roughly 2 books a week.
Sarcasm is my middle name. Actually it's Dayman, but seriously, if you can't take a joke...
And if you can't tell by my pictures I have long hair and tattoos. I also have a beard. Sometimes it's long, sometimes it's stubble, sometimes I'm clean-shaven. It just depends on my mood and where I'm at in my life. Right now it's 3 day old stubble (as of 9/13/13).
And I'm a night-owl who sleeps about 6 hours a day... There's too much to do! Too much to read. Too much life to live. That being said, I love to sleep and usually spend Sunday playing "catch-up".
So I probably sound like a fairly well rounded guy, so why am I single? Why not? It's fun. I answer to nobody. I am simply me. But mainly it's because like I said before... I can't stand codependency and I take pride in my independence. So why am I here then? Again, why not? I know there are other people out there who aren't crazy codependent. I've just yet to meet you. That's where YOU come into play. If you're a like minded individual hit me up.
And remember: LOVE YOURSELF FIRST! (actually if you have kids love them first, then love yourself.. I've met too many bad moms out there. Don't be a bad mom!)
Conversation Starters (i.e. what you'd like to do on a first date...)
I'm a big fan of simplicity so coffee and a walk would be fine for a first date.