UPDATE: The shirt-less pic in my profile is there as a joke since most of you women complain about them. ;)
I'm out here just hoping to find a connection of some sort but not expecting too much, so no pressure. A day on the boat, a ride on the bike along the water to a tiki bar, a cruise to the beach with the top down or anything that takes us somewhere fun is a great way to spend the day. If you are someone that doesn't like to have your hair messed up a little bit then we are probably not going to be a great match. A sense of humor is a must!
I'm looking for quality, not quantity. I am comfortable by myself and not at all desperate, needy, clingy or jealous. I work for myself and have a flexible schedule so day trips are fine. I'm an upbeat optomist and not at all jaded so let's not talk about the Ex's unless it's a rediculously funny story. When I commit to a relationship I'm not a cheater. I am very open to new experiences from mild to wild. I enjoy doing good things for people I care about and sometimes for complete strangers. If I misspell a word or two it is usually from fast typing rather than lack of knowledge. I'm writing a screenplay with the fantasy that it will be made into a movie. I love to travel and have been fortunate enough to experience France, England, Switzerland, Italy, Majorca and Barcelona in Spain, most of the Carribean, Brazil, Canada and most of the US and hope to see more. I believe in mutual respect and very much enjoy mutual affection. My age is a touch off but the system won't let me change it. If I sent you a "wink" it is because I'm interested but we both know how this works. There is no real need for me to write a few brief sentences about my interest after a "wink" when most of your decision to respond will be based on your opinion of my photos. Feel free to send a note if you are interested too.
I've kept myself HWP (Height & Weight Proportionate) and very much appreciate that effort in others. Yes I have a full head of hair, all of my own white teeth, a flat belly, live in a house without wheels under it and pay my bills and can carry on an intelligent conversation.. This alone has to put me out in front of at least a few of the people out here. I recently moved into a modest home down near the beach for a more relaxed lifestyle just steps away from the sand. I absolutely love it. I also have 100% custody of my eleven year old daughter who means the World to me and a lot of my time is spent doing fun things with her. She is a wonderful child and a blast to be with and I do not consider being a full time father (and mother) to be a burden, I consider it an honor.
A mind that is stretched by a new experience,can never go back to it's old dimensions. (Oliver Wendel Holmes)
SOME TIPS FOR YOU GIRLS REGARDING WOMEN'S PROFILES SINCE I HAVE BEEN SELECTED TO SPEAK FOR ALL MEN HERE.
1. If you are embracing an dog in your profile pic PUT THE DOG DOWN! No, don't euthanize it, that's not what I meant. Just put it on the floor and take another picture. Most guys don't want to compete with a poodle for your affection and we're not here to adopt a pet.
2. What's with the half pictures with your EX cut out?? Unless you have three arms WE CAN STILL SEE HIS ARM AROUND YOU!
3. A picture with the camera phone in the bathroom mirror?!? That says that you have no friends and don't know a single person that will take your picture for you. Oh, and you actually can hold the camera to the side in the mirror so it's not placed right over your face.
4. It's not a great idea to include a picture in your profile where you are standing next to your super hot girlfriend! Duh!
5. And when you say "take it slow" or "not into causal sex" then don't post pictures of yourself in lingerie or a bikini sprawled out over your bed. Can you say "mixed signals"? We sure can. If you want a booty call, just SAY so!
6. Guys are visual creatures. If you have a picture where you are so small and blurry that your own mother would not recognize you, it's just not going to work for us.
7. No pictures=no interest for us guys!
You girls won't even buy a pair of SHOES without seeing them first!!
8. If any of the above offended you or made you angry, then you also need to develop a sense of humor. :
Drinks and appetizers at an upscale beach front cafe just before sunset. It just doesn't get any better than that.
Some Favorite Quotes
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” ~Albert Einstein
"A mind, once stretched, never returns to its original dimensions." Oliver Wendall Holmes
"We deserve what we are willing to tolerate." Me