Update: I will not be on here very much. I will check it once a week or so. It's too frustrating. If you send me a message that only says one or two words, I probably will not reply.
Update 2: Since Jan 12, I have had 11 "dates" set up. Of those 10 only 2 showed up. If you aren't willing to go out on a real date or if you want to talk online forever, just keep moving on and don't waste anyone's time. Seems that if you don't have sex by the third meeting men are no longer interested... interesting.
I am, for better or worse, very busy. However, I am a very loyal, honest, and giving person. I am not looking for a one night hook up, nor am I looking for getting married.
Here is a little about me:
Yes, I work.
Doctoral Student (EdD & PhD)
Here are some of my likes:
Nature (nothing more beautiful)
Art (nothing more provoking)
Music (nothing more soulful)
Learning (nothing more humbling)
Laughing (nothing more painful)
Traveling (nothing more stressful)
Here are some things I've learned about online dating:
1. Apparently, women lie about themselves and make it difficult for women like me to meet good men.
2. People have too many pictures that are over 5 years old posted on their profiles.
3. So far, the men I have met who want a "relationship" really don't.
4. People lie about their bodies or have a skewed view of their size (i.e., if you were an athlete in high school and that was 20 years ago and you do not do what is required to maintain the physique, you are not athletic in your build... or if you are 40 pounds overweight, you are not average...)
5. I care enough about myself to not settle for just anyone.
6. If you don't like someone after you meet them or you don't feel that "click," be polite and tell them don't lie because you think it would hurt their feelings. What hurts more is being lied to and strung along with the hope things might take off.