I've decided it's finally time to settle down and start a life, my career will always have it's ups and downs (it pays the bills :o) )... Growing up in the east, before moving to the west has given me a unique/broader perspective of what's out there; can speak/write the language (i.e. Hindi-to get by, not fluent) - Je comprends aussi un peu de Francais (lol); worked hard to get to where I am, got miles to go before where I want to be - I would eventually like to be my own boss (don't we all?).
I am very open minded and am not looking for a conservative girl, someone who can rough it out instead of crying over a broken nail or deciding what heels to wear. I am not a party animal, and no, dancing is not one of my fortes (cha cha cha, no, no) - but I'd give it a shot anyways if it pleases the gf/wife. I would describe myself as pretty easy going and would consider myself low-maintenance (easy to please) - prefer to keep it low-key; introverted to an extent, extro once in a while :P. Chocolates and flowers only go so far, lol. I am somewhat religious (read: not an evangelical extremist) and I believe, Spirituality is important and is definitely a plus. If you have non-religious/agnostic in your profile, please move to the next person. If you're open to rediscovering your faith; that's cool. It used to be tradition when I was younger - but certain events have totally changed that perception. I am a traditionalist when it comes to going to weekly Sunday service, celebrating feast days or raising a family.
My recently discovered passion for traveling has gotten me in some pretty unusual situations, and I'd love to discover of what's yet there in Europe, the Middle East and the far East..(3 more continents to get to). Vegas, New York, Cuba, Mexico or the Dominican will have to wait for retirement...right now its gotta be off-the-beaten path away from the tourists; perhaps the Galapagos Islands, Seychelles or Scandinavia?
I'd like to meet someone who's independent, humourous (can make me laugh) and carry on a conversation. I (sometimes) tend to get bored easily - so you've gotta keep the convo flowing. Someone who's good in kitchen and can teach me a thing or two...(FYI - I cook *sometimes* as way to take my mind off things). A girl who's confident, career-minded, knows what she wants in life and takes care of herself - not seeking perfection here because no one's perfect as am I. If you're a princess, gold digger or looking for a suga daddy then I'm probably not the one you're looking for. I personally prefer someone who is comfortable with what they have rather than trying to outshine/over-exaggerate of what society expects of them - looks can only take you so far. Trash talkin', gossip, drama seekers are HUGE turn-offs; however I find it attractive if you make the first move or are a take-charge-kinda person; just to mix things up. Eco conservation and environmentalism scores you points. Tree-hugger I am not :P
I love relaxing outdoors, or going out to a bar, meeting new people and exploring new cultures... each of us has something that makes us 'unique' I would prefer someone local, but am also open to an LDR (things happen when you least expect them to). Pet owners & smokers are not what I'm looking for at this time. Feel free to respond but do have pictures to share..I've plenty more (photography is growing onto me). Anyways, I look forward to meeting new people and making new friendships
PS: Pls. have a pic in your profile w/out make-up or if you prefer mesg moi
PPS: You haven't lived until you've had Indian food! - the diversity and combinations are beyond anything... must know how to cook at least something or be willing to learn
On the attraction scale: sporty, preppy, business-entrepreneurial, emotionally strong (read: not overly confident/sarcastic), financially independent types would tend to grab my attention..
The short version:
Random facts about me - things I've come to live by:
* Don't be afraid to try anything once - you may like it for all you know (ok; not E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G)
* Things happen for a reason - you may not know the answer right away
* What goes around comes around (i.e. Karma) - treat others as you would expect to be treated - with respect; the payback comes in ways you least expect
* If you try to take shortcuts; they will always catch up with you if not today; tomorrow.. (see Karma)
* If at first you don't succeed; keep trying till you find a solution - perseverance pays off BIG time!
* Patience is a virtue - good things come to those who wait; practice makes perfect
* If life were that easy everyone would be rich - if it throws you a curve-ball be prepared to catch ! God gives you nothing that YOU can't already handle
* Measure twice (or in my case; 4 times) cut once - mistakes can be costly :o)
* If someone asks for your opinion in times of need; it's because they value your advice and know they can count on you
* You were given talents - use it! Don't keep them to yourself..