I've the simplest tastes, I'm always satisfied with the best.
Grounded guy seeks grounded girl. West African by birth, Dutch citizenship, living in Belgium. Free thinker, spontaneous, friendly, good company, non smoker, drink seldom, allergic to drama, bigots and hypocrites. I'm looking to meet nice interesting people for friendship, and if I happen to find that special someone along the way, that'd be great. I am not desperate and neither am I looking for marriage, I'm just here to 'put myself out there'. Dating is cool, and casual relationships are fine if that's your thing... but at a point, and with the right person, I would like to settle down eventually.
Whenever I am sad, I start to sing. Then I realise that my voice is a lot worse than my problems!
I love Photography. I'm self-taught, and to help me grow I read books and articles, but the medium I cherish the most are the video tutorials I find here and there online; life savers! I started with an IXUS 'point n' shoot', but finally made the big step and upgraded to a Canon DSLR (EOS 5D Mark II + EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is ii usm). I hope to get an EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM and EF 50mm f/1.2 soon.
I've recently started doing photo-shoots for payment and so far all my clients are happy with my work. If you're interested in a shoot with me, drop me a line inbox. One of my dreams is to have a successful photography business. Still keeping my 'day job' though!
For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen...
When I'm out I like to do fun stuff like go to the cinema, shoot pool at a café, get out into town and take nice pictures with my camera, window shopping, etc. IF I can get my ass off the couch first! :D
*Drop me a line if you want to know more about me...
“The truth is rarely pure and never simple.”
-Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest.
*THINGS MY MOTHER TAUGHT ME:
1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE.
"If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."
2. My mother taught me RELIGION.
"You better pray that will come out of the carpet."
3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"
4. My mother taught me LOGIC.
"Because I said so, that's why."
5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC.
"If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."
6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT.
"Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."
7. My mother taught me IRONY.
"Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about."
8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS.
"Shut your mouth and eat your supper."
9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM.
"Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"
10. My mother taught me about STAMINA.
"You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."
11. My mother taught me about WEATHER.
"This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."
12. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.
"If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!"
13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE.
"I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."
14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOUR MODIFICATION.
"Stop acting like your father!"
15. My mother taught me about ENVY.
"There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do."
16. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION.
"Just wait until we get home..."
17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING.
"You are going to 'get it' when you get home!"
18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE.
"If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way."
19. My mother taught me ESP.
"Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you are cold?"
20. My mother taught me HUMOUR.
"When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."
21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT.
"If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."
22. My mother taught me GENETICS.
"You're just like your father."
23. My mother taught me about my ROOTS.
"Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"
24. My mother taught me WISDOM.
"When you get to be my age, you'll understand."
25. And my favourite: my mother taught me about JUSTICE.
"One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you!"
I like to just let the situation unravel itself and let ends meet naturally, don't you think? But a movie and ice cream, or drinks and a laugh never fail to please :)