I know there is a lot of writing to follow. While I so appreciate those who take the time to read - I am honest and it can show you a lot about the person I am - just know that it is most important that you know yourself, too, and that your presence in my life will make me a better person.
I am drawn to artistic, intelligent, quick-witted, sincere and open-minded individuals. People and music are most important to me. I have an undergraduate degree in music, so I was trained classically. I will always love and appreciate this. However, I am a classic rock and roller at heart and love the music that I grew up with (Led Zeppelin, Yes, Eric Clapton, CSNY, Genesis, Tom Petty, Cream, Blind Faith, Boston, Steely Dan - you get the idea). I am an intelligent woman and can be intellectual. I laugh easily and often. My Masters is in school counseling and I have been working in this very rewarding field for over 25 years now. I work very hard at my job, but I try to balance everything in my life.(I still need practice) I have a heart full of love and I am not afraid of that. I am a sensitive soul and try not to be afraid of that either. I consider myself very fortunate. I have a great family and I miss them - they live in NJ and PA. I love my job and my career. I am mostly happy with my life, and would like someone very special with whom to share all that I have to offer. That being said, I am an independent woman but I very much enjoy being a girl and I love being treated like a lady. I am continually learning about myself and I am always trying to be a better person. I hope that you will be the one that can share in this quest. Are you the gem in a pile of stones?
The following thoughts come from being on this site on and off for way too long:
* Wait, do you HAVE to have a Harley to be on this site?? I am not a motorcycle kind of gal - sorry about that. ;) I am, however, amazed at the number of men our age who've gotten the "mandatory bike purchase" memo.
* I probably won't answer if you have no roses left to send. That doesn't mean that I expect one (or would even know quite what to DO with a virtual rose), it just means that you are just throwing feelers all over the place and that I am not more special than anyone else - that there was nothing that really stood out for you in my writing.
* I don't want a pen pal, but I do want to do some writing and talking for a reasonable amount of time. I know enough about myself to know that I have to get a good read on a person before I feel comfortable going out together. It doesn't take me long to get that read, but it DOES take more than one sentence from you.
* By the time a person is 50 years old or thereabouts, I think he should know a great deal about himself. I hope there is also some real insight involved. If I am not what you're looking for, don't waste either of our time. Do, however, reach out for a friend if that's what you'd like. I adore making new friends. :)
* I am reasonably pleasant to look at, but not a beauty queen. My weight fluctuates - always has and most probably always will. I am not defined by what the scale says. My goal is good health. If you need supermodel skinny and cannot deal with extra pounds, sometimes more extra than others, then don't make it even more difficult for me to handle what I have come to accept as my cross to bear in this life. (Acceptance doesn't mean that I am not always trying to work on being more healthful) This struggle has helped make me the person I have become. I like the person that I am but am always, always working to be better - in every way. :)
* Lastly, be secure in yourself without being arrogant (a tricky balance, I realize) and I will be immediately drawn to that. I love a peaceful persona with the strength to take care of things that life may throw your way.
* Oh, and one more important thing.... please be divorced BEFORE you approach me. I have no desire to encroach on another relationship, whether it be one that is possible to reconcile or one that is in the midst of working out divorce details. When you are truly divorced, have taken time to work through that break-up (emotionally as well as legally) and feel ready to let everything about it go, with the exception of the lessons you've learned, I am right here. :)
I apologize for the lengthy narrative. The more we can learn up front, the more we can jump right into the fun and laughter. :) Don't forget, I always want new friends, with or without a blossoming romance involved. :D Thanks for getting through all of this.
Conversation Starters (i.e. what you'd like to do on a first date...)
A first date is more about the person than the place. Anything mutually agreed upon works for me, as long as it includes the opportunity to talk. I do love to go hear local live music - that is always the most fun for me.
This is not my first time here, but I sure do hope that it is my last. ;)
Can we talk a bit about the second date and beyond?? It's funny how people can always tell what was lacking in the last relationship by what we request in the next one. Let me just say that I really need a partner who can at least TRY to say what's on his mind and in his heart from time to time. I don't need serious conversation a lot, in fact I prefer to laugh and sing and play and be close most of the time. We do, however, need to talk in a serious way occasionally. Sometimes it's very important to communicate the things that are admirable about one's mate. Not so much that it doesn't seem special and sincere, but enough to allow security and contentment. Thanks for listening...
Okay, once again..... I am giving you a lot of myself in this profile. If you're smart, you can figure things out. Like, for instance, I don't want an email about the weather or without capitalization and punctuation. I am really sorry if this sounds harsh. I just know, at this point in my life, what I need in a partner. I am friends with absolutely everyone..... I just cannot be a life partner with absolutely everyone. I hope this makes sense to you. I am not after quantity of favorites or numbers of emails. I am after ONE person who "gets me" and truly appreciates me and is able to take from me all that I have to give.
You are a wonderful person and I will recognize and appreciate that at every turn. I am a good woman and would love that appreciation as well.
I have made several friends through this forum. For that I will be forever grateful.