About me: I am very outgoing. I love spending time with friends and family. I am from upstate NY but have been in NC for 14 years . I am very involved with my church. I've made two trips to Haiti and one to Mexico and realize I have a heart for missions. I am one of the rare women over 35 that has never been married and has no children. I simply haven't met the one and I don't believe people should settle for less.
I am an avid crossfitter and love it! Yes I drank the Kool-aid. It's amazing to be able to do something I couldn't do a month ago and would have never thought I would be able to do. Often after I workout I am surprised I made it without being sick! And for the next few days stairs are not my friend.
Most pictures are from from November 2012. The ones with shorter hair are newer. (Within the last few months)
I am a huge fan of all movies! I love the experience of sitting in the theater and watching on the big screen. I especially love old movies. Frank Sinatra, Audrey Hepburn....remember watching Shirley Temple theater as a kid. I have a German Shepard/Chow/Pomeranian mix ( yes she is quite a creation) named Heppie or Hepburn after Audrey.
I've been told I'm very giving in a relationships. Love to surprise my guy with little gifts like his favorite beer from the local brewery or favorite snacks. Just something small that says he was on my mind. I guess I'm a romantic.
About the man I am looking for: Someone that isn't afraid of being himself. Who makes me laugh so hard I lose your train of thought. My family is very diverse in ethnicity and religion so someone that sees all people as equals. He proves chivalry still exists in this world and that there are quality single men left over 30. He recognizes that although a woman is capable of paying the mortgage and sustaining a home that every one of us wants to walk up to our man on a bad day and have him say, "Don't worry, I've got this".
If you read nothing else read this :
1) if you do not want children- please do not message me. I've always wanted to be a mom & I'm not changing my mind:)
2) if you do not believe in God - do not message me. I do mission work in 3rd world countries and would work best with a partner that supports my beliefs. I'm not a Jesus freak but I do believe in Jesus and attend church regularly.
3) if you are a couch potato, heavy drinker etc don't message me. I do drink socially but I Crossfit & try to be fit, have never done drugs and have no aspirations to be around people that do.
4) if you are one of those people that need me to call, text or email every 5 seconds to update you on my whereabouts or is going to get upset if I don't answer right away- you're not my guy. I love when men are attentive & I try to be. But here is the catch- if I only hear from you every 5-6 days and it seems it's always on a Friday night when you're trying to have a "date" for the weekend that's not cool either. There needs to be a happy medium. Besides, most women like the "good morning beautiful" and "sweet dreams" messages. I'm no different.
5) if you are looking for a quick hookup or a friend with benefits - I'm not it. So please don't message me pictures of your body or ask for pictures of mine. I won't send them and I will simply delete yours.
I'm really not trying to come off snotty or rude. I'm just tired of getting messages containing sexual innuendo and no real substance. There has to be a few good men left in this world. I would love to find out if you are one of them.
Don't get upset if you message me and I don't reply right away. My job can get a bit crazy or I might be off volunteering or in a 3rd world country that week:)
Within an hour we are going to know if there will be a second date. That being said --dinner, drinks...someplace not overly loud so we can talk and get to know each other. Maybe take the dog to the dog park and talk over coffee