Well, it seems like a lot of people are reading my marathon profile... and 1 or 2 of them have actually enjoyed it! So... The profile is growing! sorry... :P I'll add new stuff in the "first date" section.
Once again, I present... ME!!! (The coles notes version)
1) Although I have a full head of hair... I LOVE my hat...
2) 2 years ago, I bought my dream loft in Yaletown. 3 months later, I started cutting holes in all the walls to find out what was behind them. 3 weeks after that, I woke up and decided to renovate one day and gutted the whole place. 3 months later, I lost motivation with the project, locked the door and rented an apartment down the hall, same floor that is exactly like the one I initially bought and I love it! My place still sits gutted.
3) The amount of personal, emotional baggage I carry could easily fit in an overhead compartment or under the seat in front of me. Maybe even in the seat pocket. It’s not very much
5) I’ve never done drugs of any kind. To be honest, I’m totally oblivious when it goes on around me
6) My favorite actor is, Pepe, the “king Prawn” from the Muppets. Seriously thought he should have been nominated for "Best Supporting Puppet" in a Movie. Don’t know him? Rent “Muppets from space”
7) I don’t often stop to smell the roses, but I always stop to play with a dog tied outside a store or neighborhood cat. In fact, the dog can bite me, and I'll still try to pet it. Cornered a raccoon one night thinking it was a cat and tried to pet it. Wow, those things get prickly!!!
8) I’ve fallen off a horse, gotten right back on only to fall off again. The 3rd time was the charm.
9) When I was 4, I wanted to drive bulldozers and fly helicopters. By the time I was 18, I could do both and needed new goals
10) I started my first business in grade 6. I had 24 chickens in Burnaby and sold the eggs door to door.
11) I love to wrestle! Anyone, anytime, anywhere… Seriously... Anytime! Bring it!!!
12) My childhood resembled “leave it to beaver”, being the youngest, I was the “beave”. Golly gee wizzikers it was a swell childhood.
13) I renovated an entire apartment by myself for an ex. New Kitchen, hardwood floors, lighting, window treatments, closet organizers, bathroom, moldings… everything. She cheated on me while I was working on her place. We broke up. I still finished her place.
15) Sometimes, when I eat salad, I put too much in my mouth at one time. I don’t know why salad makes me do that, but I’m working on it. I eat popcorn like a pig. occasionally, when I drink water, I tip the glass half an inch before it touches my lips and pour water all over my lap.
16) I wake up happy every morning and never have "bad days" without a reason, and I almost always go to bed happy each night. Things can get me down, but as a rule, nothing can keep me down long.
17) When people step on my foot, or bump into me, I say sorry. I actually wish I didn’t do that. This one lady pushed me back into an elevator as I was trying to exit. I said, "Sorry" and she said, "That's ok..." Whoa I was mad on the inside, but since I had already said sorry, I couldn't say anything...
18) I’ve been to every continent in the world except Antarctica. I think I’d like to go there… maybe for an afternoon only.
19) I went to auctioneering school. This is quite a bad combination for me. I talk fast, talk a lot, and rarely think before I open my mouth.
20) I have over 1,000,000 airmiles in my United Airlines account and over 200,000 in my Air Canada account. I used to live on planes for work. One day, I’m going to use them all up on vacations.
21) I say "Thank You" for everything... If a waiter places a napkin, "Thank you", then fork, "Thank you", then knife, "Thank you", pours me water, "Thank you"... A huge pet peeve is saying "Thank You" and getting "Uh huh" in response!!
22) When I was a kid, my parents got me a shirt; "Warning, Brain not connected to mouth while speaking" I loved that shirt
23) I love pranks and practical jokes!!! One time, for April Fools Day, I took the showerhead off and stuffed it full of Beef Bouillon Cubes. My roommate took a shower in soup stock and thought it was sewage. He smelled like a roast beef sandwich for days. Right Richard Chew?!? Ha ha ha!
24) I refuse to think before acting. example, I operated heavy equipment when I was younger and tried to heat a can of soup with a hand held, propane torch. GREAT IDEA!!! Well, tell you what, if you don't open the lid before putting heat to it, it will blow. I found that out the hard way. It blew with such force, the whole office trailer shook, everyone ran outside to find me, in shock, covered from head to toe in chunky soup, with a perfect outline of my body in soup on the wall behind me. Imagine watching an employee walk outside with a propane bottle, then 30 seconds later hear a massive "BOOOOOOM!!!" Everyone was sure I was dead...
First date... Well, I'm probably gonna babble a lot in the beginning... but I do eventually ask questions! :P
I’ve been chased by a bear. Well... let me clarify that... I found myself face to face with a bear. He raised up on his hind legs and I said, "Hi Bear!!!" He then snorted dropped downand took a quick step towards me and I ran, screaming like a little girl. I never looked back, but, for all I know, it chased me.
A long time ago, I took a picture of a friend standing in front of my truck. I told him to “act sexy” and got a picture of him licking my truck while twisting his nipples. I took that picture and placed an ad in the Auto Trader with it. I bought the big, front cover, full colour ad. The ad read, “Proud to be gay but desperate for cash, 2003 Yukon Denali, full load, every option, must sell $10,000!!! Call before 8am (his home #), leave message all day (his cell #)”. He worked in a bar, he didn’t even know that the day had two 8’oclock’s.
I took an English placement test when I applied to BCIT. Well, the test result came back and they said I needed to take an English course before I was allowed to enter the program I wanted. First day of class, I show up… I’m in an ESL (English Second Language) class!!! I was seriously the only white kid there and the only one who grew up speaking English. One day, I had to do a speech in class, and when I sat down, the girl next to me turned, and said in the thickest accent ever, “Ohhhhhh, uho speaks wery wery ghood ehingwish…" I think she said, “You speak very good English!” what can you do other than smile and say, “thanks, but my Korean is terrible”
When I say "I love to wrestle, anyone, anytime..." I mean it. I met a friend of a friend who turned out to be a professional MMA fighter while I was on vacation. We were all sitting in a hotel room having some drinks, and I realized that if I didn't fight this guy, right now, that I would never fight a professional fighter in my life, so, I jumped him. We destroyed the hotel room, knocking pictures off the wall and turning over furniture, and in the end, he wrapped my own arm around my neck and choked me unconscious. We became super good friends after that and are still tight.