Some random stuff about me:
- I work for a healthcare software company in the (near) burbs. It can be challenging and hectic, as IT usually goes, but it’s also pretty rewarding. My job is pretty varied and I get to do a lot more than just development.
- Education is very important to me and I recently finished my MBA. Taking evening classes was a grueling experience, but hopefully worth it.
- I'm a sponge for knowledge and love to learn new things. In the past few months, I have: taken a dance class, written my first mobile app, and started learning a new language. Because why not?
- I'm a big tech geek and love gadgets. I'm currently debating which smartwatch to get and waiting for the next Nexus phone announcement.
- I love to travel. I have a soft spot for Europe or places with a lot of history, but really, anywhere will do. I have vacation days to burn, so I could really use a new travel buddy right now.
- My family is pretty small, but they’re very important to me. I have relatives in Germany and Poland as well, which gives me an excuse to visit once in a while.
- I have no pretensions at being an athlete, but I do try to stay healthy and work out at least a few times a week. Not wanting to look like the average software engineer is pretty good motivation. I also enjoy hiking and running.
- Food: Italian, sushi, and freshly baked anything. I'm a pretty adventurous eater and love to try new restaurants or recipes.
- Books: ASOIAF, Dune, The Jungle. For enjoyment, I mainly stick to bad scifi and history.
- Movies: Lawrence of Arabia, The Hunt for Red October, Primer. I’m a big movie buff.
- TV: House of Cards, Game of Thrones, TNG. I'd rather defenestrate my TV than watch a reality show.