I thought that online would be a wonderful thing. A chance to meet women that I wouldn't be able to meet normally. Unfortunately, this site is full of emotionally unavailable women. Absolutely positively full of them. Here’s a little rundown:
1) The Peeping Tom: She views your profile 2,378 times, but doesn’t respond to messages. You wonder why someone would check out your profile that many time if they weren't interested. I certainly don’t view women that I don’t find attractive over and over. Stop fantasizing and live in the real world.
2) The Perfectionist: She will only date the PERFECT guy. Except that no one can be that perfect. Those are crazy standards for a FIRST date. Again, stop living in fantasyland and join the real world. One must wonder if seeking perfection in a man is really a cover for insecurity.
3) The I Don't Need a Man Girl: She is determined to show that she is strong enough to stand alone. So determined, in fact, that she will always be alone. Being with someone is actually strength, not weakness. Not being able to trust anyone is weakness. Enjoy your cats!
4) The Cyber Flirt: She responds to your e-mails quickly. She’s very willing and eager to talk and flirt. That is until you suggest that you meet, then crickets. Hello, this is DATING website. Get out from behind your computer or smartphone and join the real world.
5) The I’m Not Sure About This Girl: This girl’s profile usually starts off with “I’m not about this online dating thing” or “My friend/sister made me do this.” Grow up, you wanted to do this, it’s OK to admit it. She won’t date anyone and claim that there are no good guys out there. She knows this because she never actually met any of them?
6) The Family Oriented Girl: She seems like the perfect girl. She's intelligent, well educated, has a good career, pretty, active, nice, down to earth and very family oriented. Unfortunately, she won’t make room for a man in her life. Her family is her cocoon. She loves her nieces and nephews to death because they are a substitute for the children that she will never have.
Where is that nice, sweet, intelligent, cute, active, down to earth girl who willing to meet a attractive, intelligent, active, family oriented guy?
Edit: Girl gives her # without my asking then turns me down and says that she's off the dating scene at the moment. Do women NOT know how to read?