Who I am:
My name is spelled Ritwik and pronounced Ri-thick. I don't exactly know why the spelling and pronunciation doesn't jive - it's probably because it got translated from Sanskrit to Bengali to English.
I have a five year old daughter who just started kindergarten. We are total pals, probably because we are at the same maturity level. Ok - that was a joke - I am at least as mature as a teenager. She is a total daddy's girl and we love going to the park, zoo, museums, coloring, and doing math together. We have a pet guinea pig named Sparkles (thats not a Sanskrit word). :)
This is my second time living in Atlanta. I recently moved back to Atlanta after spending a couple years in Grand Rapids, MI. I am glad to be back here. I grew up in Rochester, NY - yes, I am a Yankee in the southland. I was born in India and came to the US when I was 2 yrs old. I have lived in 10 different states: West Bengal (India), Andrha Pradesh (India), Ohio, New York, Indiana, California, Massachusetts, Texas, Michigan, and Georgia. The crazy part is that I hate moving - I am hoping I don't have to move any more.
I enjoy hiking, camping, reading, movies, TV, and brewing (and drinking) beer. I especially like being outdoors and trying out new adventures. I really like traveling. I have been to several places in Europe and Asia and about 40 states, although I haven't gone anywhere cool recently. I am overdue for some fun travel. I would really like to go on Safari in Kenya and Tanzania, Italy, and Brazil.
I work at a law firm in the area of patent law. This is a recent career change for me. I used to work in semiconductor research where I have invented some technologies. As a result, I was exposed to the area of patents and loved it enough that I decided to change my career into that area.
I love classic rock such as Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, The Who, and others. Growing up in the 80's, I also like some of the cheesy 80's stuff out there. I also like movies (more crappy Hollywood stuff than the IFC stuff).
Why I am here and what I am looking for:
Online dating is always a bit of a crap shoot. It is difficult to assess someone other than on the basis of looks (and even that is questionable) in a very accurate manner. However, this is still probably one of the best ways to meet possible partners. It can be more effective if one highlights what they are looking for (can you tell that I am an engineer by training?):
* Looks matter but is not the most important factor for me. However, you should take care of yourself and take pride in your appearance.
* I need someone who is opinionated and thinks about stuff.
* She should know about current affairs and like discussing things.
* She should be funny and should be able to take jokes and also dish it out.
* She should be nice. Mean people suck.
* She should be open minded.
* She should be self confident.
* She should enjoy doing stuff and being active.
* I am an agnostic (religion wise). I have and will date religious people, but if you are very religious, it probably won't work.
* I care about the environment. She doesn't have to be, but this might be a deal breaker for some people.
Hopefully I haven't scared you away. I think I have a lot to offer and am looking for the right person to share my experiences with. If you want to know more about me, please send me a message. I would love to hear from you.