Oh boy, the "essay portion" of my profile. I never really know exactly how to navigate this ever important introduction area. First off, just as an update, I've lost a lot of weight in the last few years through diet and exercise, though a bit of a speed bump with those when I quit smoking. Working on getting back on track. The bearded pictures of me are the most recent. Not super happy with gaining the weight back, but I have resumed my normal (eat like a bird and look good diet) routine, so I should be back on top in a little while. Have patience, and I will be super hot again, instead of just mostly hot. ;) Oh, and check out my other photo sections. I have a few albums up, including one of my many movie characters I've dressed as for Halloween...or just for fun. :)
Ok, so, A little about me: I'm 35 years old. I have previously worked in graphic design and marketing. Dream job? Nope, that would be film making (in fact, my writing partner and I finished a television pilot and we have two production companies who want us to pitch, so we'll be in LA in march for that!). I've worked for the Census bureau as a Field Operation Supervisor...what a weird job that was! As a paralegal, and I worked in editing for a movie company. That was brief, but fun, and full of good stories. Now, I work in Social Media, Digital Media and SEO for a web company in Boca.
Also, my writing partner and I run a blog and a podcast that we have a great time with. Ask for the link if you want to hear funny discussions on pop culture.
I'm single, obviously. I have accepted me first pair of "geek" glasses. The Buddy Holly, Elvis Costello look. I fought it for awhile because they were so trendy that people were buying them that didn't need glasses. But I came to a conclusion. They look great on me, and they are very much my personality. Also, I dress for the occasion. Whether it be my favorite pair of vans, and a fedora, or a suit and tie, or a snarky t-shirt. I have no set style, I'm all over the place.
I am a loyal, funny, wild&crazy goofball, and a hopeless romantic.
Three things I'm really good at:
1. I'm really good at telling stories. Sure, I'll embellish a detail here or there for dramatic effect, but that's part of the fun of storytelling. No one ever tells THE EXACT story. Each time it's told, the teller adds a little bit here and a little bit there. That's really the wonder of storytelling for me. I love hearing them, and I love holding court and telling a particularly funny tale.
2. I'm also really good at kissing. Hey, this is dating site, I'm supposed to flaunt my romantic prowess! Ok, so yeah, the bragging thing, with swagger, I'm not so hot at. But, truthfully, I am a damn good kisser, and not afraid to put my money where my kiss factory is.
3. Lastly, I'm really good at listening. Yes, I talk too much. But I also listen when someone needs me to. I am the funny guy often in the group dynamic, but I'm also the one people come to if they need advice, or just need someone to listen to. I love being accessible to my friends in that way.
Six things I couldn't live without:
1. My DVR. I HAVE to be able to record stuff cause I never watch it when it's actually on.
2. My iPhone. Yeah...I went to the dark side. I like it. I want more. :)
3. Kissing. Yeah, I said it again. It's that important. Deal with it.
4. Fun and or Intelligent Conversation. That whole "what would you bring on a desert island". I'd never make it. I HAVE to have people around to talk and joke with.
5. The Internet. Really, not just because I'm attempting to meet someone on a WEBSITE right now. But, in general. The amount of information I can find on the internet for so many very different things. It's staggering. I'm definitely a child of the information technology boom.
6. The Arts. As you can see by my "interests" section, I'm in love with music, movies, tv, museums, etc. I could really not do without them and the great conversation and emotions they allow you to share with other people.
You should message me if:
You're quirky, but not defined by quirkiness. You're cute, but not "South Florida Plastic Hot". You like to laugh, but won't just laugh at everything I say, unless you actually find it funny. You like highbrow movies, but are a sucker for popcorn entertainment as well. You have great friends too, but none of them seem to be able to introduce you to anyone interesting of the opposite sex. You liked my profile, and can't wait to know more. :) Cheers!
First dates are 100% about talking. I LOVE movies, but they are a terrible place to talk, as is a crowded noisy bar. So, a coffee shop works well. A lounge type area, or moderately quiet bar. Someplace to open up, have some laughs, and get to know one another. I also kinda dig the idea of hitting a festival, or flea market, something kitschy and fun to explore with your date.