early Dec: Starting a weekend with a solid headstand in yoga class is a sure sign of good things to come for the rest of my weekend!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyeM7eaKbak (it's a 13+ minute song but this is by far my favourite part)
"I wrote this song in an airport. When I listen to music on my headphones, I like to watch the world work and think about what every single person is doing that day. This song is about each one of us creating our own itinerary and flying through our life on one big vacation. Trying to find happiness, perfection, and love. It’s a “bloody, bumpy” road for most, and others it’s a wonderful journey. We fly away from our problems and towards our solutions (at least what we think are our solutions). We are the ants of the sky...aka the walking dead." -Tommy Rogers
1) I'm wash and wear/cash and carry with a minimum wage frame of mind, my tastes are pretty simple, and chances are you'll see me in jeans/shorts and a t-shirt. I have little interest in style often surprise people when I do have to put myself together so to speak.
2) I try to seize the best parts of each day and use the rest of the time to recharge and savor the next amazing moment. I don't sweat the small stuff as it's all small stuff.
3) You won't find me dressing up to go to a lounge or fancy restaurant for drinks after work, at a Canucks game, or snowboarding. You most likely will find me talking to strangers, photographing bands, taking in a yoga class (I love the feeling of learning how my various body parts move in space relative to each other), planning my next trip, or checking out various events and film festivals around town.
4) I've always traveled and am always making plans for trips to learning about new destinations from other people. I spend my time eating street food, taking public transit, communicating with the locals, getting lost and finding my way again. I'm more often seen backpacking vs staying at a resort or fancy hotel (though I've done those as well).
5) Currently listening to some stuff that you're likely not into...perhaps some old punk or heavy metal or a random band from Europe that I've discovered. Recent faves have been The Beach Boys, Explosions In The Sky, Wintergatan, Nails, and Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats.
6) I've spent close to 3 years of my life in Africa, but I've also lived in Europe, Australia, and Asia as well as touring extensively in quite a few other places. I tend to travel very regularly as my work allows for quite a bit of time off and try to take a trip somewhere every 3-4 months.
7) I'm hoping to check out more fine arts type events. Art exhibits, ballet, theater, symphony. You name it, I'll likely be interested.
8) I've been described as being go with the flow, am rarely in a rush, and tend to walk slow because I take short steps.
9) In terms of my interests I tend to hit way left or way right and am told I'm full of surprises. I've learned a little bit about a lot of things and am always interested in hearing about things I don't know very much about.
10) I cook well and make my own soups and mac & cheese, am a good listener, and am the type to send flowers to a girl's workplace with a thoughtful note just because on a random day or drop by with lunch or home made soup in the winter.
A beverage of choice and/or a walk if it's nice out is okay by me. Nothing super active or exciting to avoid false positives due to excitement. I'd also rather meet up sooner after a few messages to see if we get along in person rather than drawing things out messaging, phoning, and texting before finally meeting up. If we end up meeting again I'm more than happy to plan something else. Planning an outing isn't that hard despite what I've heard!