mid Apr: "I wrote this song in an airport. When I listen to music on my headphones, I like to watch the world work and think about what every single person is doing that day. This song is about each one of us creating our own itinerary and flying through our life on one big vacation. Trying to find happiness, perfection, and love. It’s a “bloody, bumpy” road for most, and others it’s a wonderful journey. We fly away from our problems and towards our solutions (at least what we think are our solutions). We are the ants of the sky...aka the walking dead." - Tommy Rogers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZsRlPQv-zo (11:42 - 13:10 is my favourite part...awesome live and the whole crowd bobs their heads up and down)
1) I'm wash and wear/cash and carry with a minimum wage frame of mind, my tastes are pretty simple, and chances are you'll see me in jeans/shorts and a t-shirt. I have little interest in style often surprise people when I do have to put myself together so to speak.
2) I've lived and worked in a lot of difficult places and learned to realize at a relatively young age that everyday is a gift. No matter how bad I might think my day is, it's really not that bad.
3) You will most likely will find me talking to strangers, photographing bands, taking in a yoga class (I love the feeling of learning how my various body parts move in space relative to each other), planning my next trip, or checking out various events and film festivals around town.
4) Travel is a normal activity and I don't believe in bucket lists. On the road I spend my time eating street food, taking public transit, communicating with the locals, getting lost and finding my way again. More backpacking less resorts.
5) Currently listening to some stuff that you're likely not into...perhaps some old punk or heavy metal or a random band from Europe that I've discovered. Recent faves have been The Beach Boys, Explosions In The Sky, Wintergatan, Nails, and Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats.
6) I've spent close to 3 years of my life in Africa, but I've also lived in Europe, Australia, and Asia as well as touring extensively in quite a few other places. I tend to travel very regularly as my work allows for quite a bit of time off and try to take a trip somewhere every 3-4 months.
7) I'm hoping to check out more fine arts type events. Art exhibits, ballet, theater, symphony. You name it, I'll likely be interested.
8) I've been described as being go with the flow, am rarely in a rush, and tend to walk slow because I take short steps.
A beverage of choice and/or a walk if it's nice out is okay by me. Nothing super active or exciting to avoid false positives due to excitement. I'd also rather meet up sooner after a few messages to see if we get along in person rather than drawing things out messaging, phoning, and texting before finally meeting up. If we end up meeting again I'm more than happy to plan something else. Planning an outing isn't that hard despite what I've heard!