late Mar: ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws4sRfWYvI8 ("one of the Swedish national anthems we know")
1) I'm wash and wear/cash and carry with a minimum wage frame of mind, my tastes are pretty simple, and chances are you'll see me in jeans/shorts and a t-shirt. I have little interest in style so I often surprise people when I do dress up.
2) I've lived and worked in a lot of difficult places and learned to realize at a relatively young age that everyday is a gift. No matter how bad I might think my day is, it's really not that bad.
3) You will most likely will find me talking to strangers, photographing bands, taking in a yoga class (anything involving an inversion, back bend, or arm balance is finally coming along), olympic lifting, planning my next trip, or checking out various events and film festivals around town.
4) You will most likely not find me snowboarding, at a Canucks game, at a lounge having drinks, a restaurant having appetizers, or dancing at a club.
5) I don't believe in bucket lists. I'm more of a go out and get it done kind of guy. I travel regularly and spend my time eating street food, taking public transit, talking with locals, getting lost and finding my way again. More backpacking and less resorts.
6) If I'm puttering around at home I usually stream a classic rock station based in Stockholm that I was introduced to while visiting friends there. Otherwise I find that people generally don't like the music I'm into. In case you're curious here's a few bands I've been enjoying in recent months: Pretty Maids, Sleep, Therion, Tammy Wynette, Between The Buried And Me, Roy Orbison, & Primal Fear. I must be the only person here that likes heavy metal and country music (?).
7) I've spent close to 3 years of my life in Africa, but I've also lived in Europe, Australia, and Asia as well as touring extensively in quite a few other places. I tend to travel very regularly as my work allows for quite a bit of time off and try to take a trip somewhere every 3-4 months.
8) I've been described as being go with the flow, am rarely in a rush, and tend to walk slow because I take short steps.
9) Kids seem to like me and generally wave or smile back. You will also like my soup I'm sure. My bread is not too shabby either.
10) So many people talk about how they love their jobs and it seems a lot of people use that as something that defines themselves (which makes sense seeing as how much time we spend at work). My job is good times but I like to think there are more interesting things to talk about other than what we do for work.
A beverage of choice and/or a walk is always a good way to start I'd say. I'd also rather meet up sooner after a few messages to see if we get along in person rather than drawing things out messaging, phoning, and texting before finally meeting up. If we end up meeting again I'm more than happy to plan something else. Planning an outing isn't that hard despite what I've heard.