I could put shed loads of stuff on here but that might be boring so why not ask? would love a moonlight walk along the battlements- hand in hand. chatting about all the things we had seen that day- planning our tomorrows. or going to a bookshop- love books. then again how about a museum or art gallery? If the chemistry is right meeting in the local supermarket would be AMAZING! there are so many possibilities with the right person.
'I often think that the night is more alive and more richly coloured than the day' Vincent van Gogh?
The only constant is change.
May I discover the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally warn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO what a ride!"
In Character, in manner, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is
Love feels no burden,thinks nothing of trouble,attempts what is above its
strength, and pleads no excuse of impossibility....
"All buildings should aim for eternity"
'And money is like muck, not good except it be spread
"A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops".
"The Word for World is Forest"
"Echo Beach Far Away in Time"
"Do You Really Want to Know?"
'A Dark Adapted Eye'
"Release the Bats"
'Dark They Were and Golden Eyed'
'They Rise at Dawn'
'Deep Time and Ceaseless Motion'
'It's a Two Foot Six Inches Above the
'The Only One Crime Worse than Burning
Books is not to Read Them'
"Ah, But a Man's Reach Should Exceed His Grasp, Or What's a Heaven For?"
"The Truth is Out There."
"Echo Beach, Far Away In Time"
39 things you should have learnt by now...
1. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night
2. Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.
3. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car.
4. Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
5. If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
6. My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance.
7. Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
8. It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.
9. For every action, there is an equal and opposite government program.
10. If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.
11. Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of cheques.
12. A conscience is what hurts when all of your other parts feel so good.
13. Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.
14. Men are from earth.. Women are from earth. Deal with it.
15. No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes.
16. A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand.
17. Middle age is when broadness of the mind and narrowness of the waist change places.
18. Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
19. Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.
20. There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
21. Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.
22. By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends.
23. Thou shalt not weigh more than thy fridge.
24. Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.
25. It's not the jeans that make your bum look fat.
26. If you had to identify, in 1 word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, & never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be
27. There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'.
28. People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.
29. You should not confuse your career with your life.
30. Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.
31. Never lick a steak knife.
32. The most destructive force in the universe is gossip.
33. You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we put the clocks back.
34. You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.
35. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age eleven.
36. The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside,
we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.
37. A person, who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person.
38. Your friends love you anyway.
39 . Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
"Creativity can solve almost any problem. The creative act, the defeat of habit by originality, overcomes everything."
" When the character of a man is not clear to you, look at his friends."
'Dance to the Music of Time'
'Amor Vincit Omnia'
"So foul and fair a day I have not seen."
'The past is a distant country. They do things differently there'
Sumer is icumen in,
Lhude sing cuccu!
Groweþ sed and bloweþ med
And springþ þe wde nu,
Awe bleteþ after lomb,
Lhouþ after calue cu.
Bulluc sterteþ, bucke uerteþ,
Murie sing cuccu!
Cuccu, cuccu, wel singes þu cuccu;
Ne swik þu nauer nu.
Sing cuccu nu. Sing cuccu.
Sing cuccu. Sing cuccu nu!
Summer has come in,
Loudly sing, Cuckoo!
The seed grows and the meadow blooms
And the wood springs anew,
The ewe bleats after the lamb
The cow lows after the calf.
The bullock stirs, the stag farts,*
Merrily sing, Cuckoo!
Cuckoo, cuckoo, well you sing, cuckoo;
Don't you ever stop now,
Sing cuckoo now. Sing, Cuckoo.
Sing Cuckoo. Sing cuckoo now!