Alright, so - basically, here's the sparknotes version of my life:
I save ants and spiders and fruit flies, I play Minecraft on pretty much a daily basis, Pokémon is my happy place, I'm a feminist, my cats are the loves of my life, I love to sing, I love to laugh, I love to to walk/sing/dance in the rain, and I take photos of everything. I also attempt to appreciate every single day, and most people don't get my sense of humour, because I'm incredibly quirky - so if you also self-define as weird or eccentric or whatever it is you want as an appropriate synonym, then we'll probably click just fine.
Essentially, I'm looking for someone who knows how to appreciate the little things in life, and who treats people with respect and kindness. Someone who'll enjoy going for walks with me in the rain, who will think my geekiness is endearing (yes, I can quote the Lord of the Rings movies start to finish, and yes, that includes most of the Elvish parts), and who's open-minded and accepting, and cares about all the nasty craziness going on in the world... and did I mention going for walks in the rain? It's definitely my favourite weather. Even better when it's mixed with wind.
- - -
Alright! Also, here we have the less tl;dr version of my life.
I'm looking for someone mature and intelligent, who appreciates the little things in life, and knows how to treat people with respect and kindness. Also, some sappy romance is a must, cause I'm honestly the most hopelessly romantic person I know, and the tiniest gestures of affection can often make me ridiculously happy.
I'm about 5'3" with red hair, so I suppose I fit the spitfire ginger stereotype. I like to sing and laugh, go for hot chocolate at midnight, walk/sing/dance in the rain, and take photos of absolutely everything. I also attempt to appreciate every single day - no matter how cliché that sounds - because life really is much too short to take it for granted. Also, most people don't really get my sense of humour, and I've been informed many times that I'm quirky as hell - so if you also self-define as more than a wee bit eccentric, then we'll probably click just fine.
And in terms of what I’m currently doing with my life... basically, last April I finished my BAH in Global Development and Political Studies, along with a concurrent certification in Sexual and Gender Diversity, so. Am hoping to work in some kind of position in what I call the make-life-a-little-bit-better sector - working at a women's shelter, or a homeless shelter, or an institution that advocates for people who are dealing with mental illness or addiction issues or... yeah, something along those lines.
- - -
Also. I wanted to stick this spiel in somewhere, and this seemed a good enough place, seeing as these are the bigger life issues.
- I am an atheist. I have no problem with someone following a religion if a) it's not blind indoctrination, and if you can be critical of your own faith, and if you've made a conscious decision to follow that religion, and b) if you're not hurting anyone or yourself with it (i.e. if you're not internalizing homophobia, or arguing that gay people are going to hell). So. Provided you're not hurting yourself or anyone else with your religious beliefs, then as long as you won't have a problem with me being an atheist, I won't have a problem with you having some kind of spirituality or religious faith.
- I am pro-choice. If you think that women aren't entitled to make decisions over their own reproductive capacities, then you and I are really not going to get along.
- Queer-friendly. If you think that my gay/lesbian/bi/etc friends don't have the same right to get married, adopt children, etc, that hetero people and couples do - then again, we are not going to hit it off.
- I don't do one-night-stands. And this isn't for moral reasons - you won't get any slut-shaming from me. People are free to sleep with whoever they want, whenever they want, and imho, as long as it's between consenting adults, anything goes. I simply won't sleep with anyone - casual or in serious relationship - unless I know that they're clean. To be perfectly frank, when I want sex I can come to myself, and I'm perfectly okay with that. The way I see it, I only get one body in this life, and I like to take care of it.
- I read and write fanfic. Most of it is slash. If you don't know what that is, please feel free to Wikipedia it, and if you don't run away screaming, then coffee is on me.
Anything that actually gives us a chance to actually talk. Though movies can be fun, too, if there's something we're both keen to see.
- - -
Sticking my favourite quotes here, since I ran out of room in the 'Description' section.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and the ones who matter won't mind." - Dr. Seuss
"There's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it's worth fighting for." - Sam Gamgee
"While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats." - Mark Twain
"Don't knock masturbation. It's sex with someone I love." - Alvy Singer
"On ne voit pas bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." - Le Petit Prince
"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." - Dr. Seuss
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin [Calvin and Hobbes]
"This is your life. And it's ending one minute at a time." - Fight Club
"I’d cut my soul into a million different pieces just to form a constellation to light your way home. I’d write love poems to the parts of yourself you can’t stand. I’d stand in the shadows of your heart and tell you I’m not afraid of your dark." — Andrea Gibson
"There's no higher power. There's no God. There's just chaos and violence, random unpredictable evil, that comes outta nowhere, rips you to shreds." - Dean Winchester (Supernatural)
"My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am." - Unknown
"Stephen Harper is like an excellent car salesman selling a dysfunctional car that consumes too much fuel and only drives in one gear... reverse."- Awesome friend
"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." - Bern Williams
"You can dress me up but you can't cover my scars." - 'Invincible', by Chantal Kreviazuk
"There is the same difference in a person before and after he is in love, as there is in an unlighted lamp and one that is burning." - Vincent Van Gogh
"I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made." - Franklin D. Roosevelt
"And I'll take you for who you are, if you take me for everything." - 'All The Same', by Sick Puppies
"Honestly, I think the world's going to end bloody. But it doesn't mean we shouldn't fight. We do have choices. I choose to go down swingin'" - Dean Winchester (Supernatural)
Castle: "How do you know you're in love?"
Beckett: "All the songs make sense."
- Castle, S3E04