**NEW RULE: Don't ask me to be your facebook friend until we actually meet and like each other**
I keep thinking that maybe I need to make more of an effort to find someone special instead of leaving it to chance. After years of being in and out of the dating scene, I have learned what kind of person fits me and what kind of person does not. While I am quite open-minded with the environment around me, I would say that my mind has closed in on the person that I would like to be by my side. So with that, here it goes...
I am a people person, gravitating towards the optimists. I love meeting new people and hearing about their journey and where life is taking them...I believe that there is something I can learn from everyone I come in contact with, no matter what their education level or background may be. I like to hear about how someone has dealt with a situation with a creative mind, rather than someone who views his/her situation as being held down by society. I've had many set-backs throughout the years, but they have only made me a stronger person and if you're the type of person who incessantly whines about their problems, I would be turned-off. Even in the worst of situations, I find a way to cope with it in a positive light.
I have a great appreciation for all music styles, but I really don't listen to much rap/hop-hop or house music unless it's blaring over the loud speakers at a bar. I love checking out local bands with a few close friends as much as I love attending a sell-out concert at an arena that fits fifteen thousand. If it has a good vibe, I'm all about it.
I like a guy who has a little spontaneity in them. I'm not constant on-the-go type of person, but I do like to explore new locations with a day drive or check out a cool new restaurant that a friend has raved about from time to time. I love to travel and would eventually like to get a little farther away from the States than Mexico. Sitting on a beach is a great way to relax and unwind, but I enjoy going to places with a rich history much more. I'm very open to other cultures and experiences that people often don't take advantage of, so if you're a bump on a log...you'll probably bore me pretty fast.
A sense of humor is probably #1 on my list. I can be pretty sarcastic at times and if someone doesn't "get it", then they probably won't get me. I have an ability to make light of situations that a lot of others take personal when it isn't even directed towards them. Don't mistake my "don't sweat the small stuff" mentality for a lack of sincerity. I actually have quite a nurturing manner...I just don't like people who take that for granted.
A few more things:
...I like men taller than me (5'8+)...it gives me a sense of security.
...I am extremely loyal and have strong family values and principles.
...I'm not looking for a person with multiple alter-egos. Be yourself at all times...not what others want you to be.
...I'm not the type that gets jealous if you have female friends or exchange conversation with someone of the opposite sex at the grocery store, but I will be disrespected if you hide me from them.
...If you're emotionally unavailable, please do not waste my time. I'm looking for love..and you need to be over your ex and have an open heart too.
Okay, so that's that. I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds it difficult to come up with a profile for a potential love interest. So much to be said, so much left unsaid. Anyway.... I decided I'd type up a list of some quirky things that don't typically come up in conversation just for kicks... :)
1. I'm allergic to feathers, cats, dust, smoke, milk and chocolate.
2. I had a dream once that I found a friend died in a wrecked airplane in the jungle. The next day, that same friend told me that he had a dream that we were flying remote control airplanes together.
3. I'm terrified of frogs and have a wash rag phobia.
4. I am a compulsive hand washer.
5. I didn't vote for Obama *gasp*
6. I can't stand the words "patty" and "moist"
7. In 2nd grade, I sang "We Are The World" for our talent show... as a solo.
8. I've been to Graceland.....twice.
9. I tripped over a pothole on the parking lot at Best Buy and had to get stitches in both knees back in 2003.
10. I eat my steak rare and prefer my fish raw.
11. I have a passion for politics and an intolerance for ignorance.
12. I talk to my dad on an almost daily basis.
13. I lived in Denver for nine years and have never been up to the mountains during the winter.
14. I cry almost every time I watch Deal or No Deal. (don't make fun)
15. I have a slight case of vertigo.