*****BEFORE YOU READ THIS, PLEASE NOTE: I am looking for people that would like to FIND a relationship - that's not to say WE will have one, but you at least need to be IN THAT PHASE of life. With that said, please feel free to proceed :)*****
I'm a pretty simple lady. I've never been married, and I have no kids, a cat, the normal job, house, car... I'm near St.Louis, so if you are too - Let's talk!
* I am DEFINITELY looking for a Christian guy. If not practicing - then someone who is willing to eventually attend church and learn with me.(I'd love to meet a Church of Christ guy.)
* I'm always working on the weight thing - so please, if you're a couch potato or just REALLY like fast food, please pass on me. (I'm bigger but would like to remain somewhat healthy.)
* I am looking for someone who is pretty easy going. (no short tempers) I'm also looking for someone who can sense seriousness and/or social cues and alter their actions accordingly. ( I always thought this was normal - apparently not)
* I'm pretty family oriented. I hang out with my family quite a bit (the occasional meal, holidays, home projects). I'm looking for someone that is comfortable in that environment. (not right away of course - but eventually)
* I am pretty easy going for the most part but I'd like to mention that I have approached issues that caused problems with people in the past. I've decided to learn from some and steer clear of some others.
These are the big ones:
- I don't drink or smoke...prefer that you don't either. (I don't even like alcohol in my house.)
- PLEASE be emotionally available before even considering dating me. (We don't have to end up together;
it's just not fair to either of us if you're stuck on your ex.)
- I prefer rare to no usage of profanity. Sorry sailors!
- Please be between 28 and 43. Sorry fellas, I have had NO luck with huge age gaps.
- I have a low tolerance for video games - be warned!!
- If you're so stubborn you won't compromise on ANYTHING - we WON'T work out :(
- I like a lot of music including country music..so I just ask that you can tolerate it.
- I love being playful and sarcastic with you, but I've not learned just how to deal with immaturity
in a significant other yet. :(
BONUS POINTS FOR:
~ You know the difference between to, two, and too - and when to use 'so-n-so and I' as opposed to 'so-n-so and ME'
~ You have a truck :)
I'm updating this because while I have met some exceptional people, I keep running into the same issues.
If you are divorced or have kids - most likely it won't work. (The divorce part (without kids) - depends - run it past me - I realize some things are out of your control.) I am saying these things to save us both some time. I love most kids - but I also come from a family where there are "his", "hers", and "ours" kids - I would really prefer not start a family that way unless there are circumstances out of your control - i.e the mom died or you took in some orphans. I really just hate the drama caused by most ex's.
And, I have a cat...so really allergic people...I do apologize!
Now that we've covered what I can't deal with - these are some things I DO like ;0)
I DO like open communication and emotion. I cannot STRESS this one ENOUGH!
I DO like giving and receiving respect. I believe it's of the highest importance.
I DO like putting other people first (but it only works if you're not self-centered).
I DO like going new places occasionally, but I'm pretty low key on entertainment. If you're the right guy for me, and vice versa - we can have fun anywhere - not just places that are extravagant.
I DO like art, enjoy creativity, as well as out of the box thinking.
I DO enjoy walking through Home Depot as much as I enjoy walking through Macy's.
I DO appreciate a dry sense of humor more than most. Some people don't get this, and that's ok.
I DO LOVE to LAUGH!
I DO love working on projects with someone.
I DO appreciate someone who is a good teacher - whether it's how to hang a door or juggle.
I DO appreciate people who do sweet things for me, and I like to do them for others as well.
If you've made it this far and are still interested - you realize that I'm fairly picky. I'm a woman who knows what she wants. If we don't have anything listed in common - there's still hope! - Chemistry is complicated that way! :P
I've worked hard at remaining drama-free, and I just hope there is someone out there who has done the same. Can't wait to meet you!
Hope to talk to you soon! And if not - good luck out there!!
I prefer a 'first meeting' prior to a 'first date' Who knows if we even want to spend a whole hour together??
So - as a first meeting- we could talk over a cup of coffee, or even just take a walk (during daylight at a public place). Then we'd probably be able to come up with 'date' options then :)
Please know that I do expect to have a phone conversation or two before I consider meeting. :)