Well as you can see, I have a beard, and I occasionally wear a cowboy hat (wow I miss that hat :sad: ). When I say I have a car that's not exactly true, I only have a motorcycle at least for the time being.
About 3 years ago I came up with a list of things that I want to do in my life before I die (Note: I made this list well before I had ever heard of the movie "the bucket list") and I thought I would post it here to give you an idea of some of the things that I am passionate about.
This list is also in no particular order I've just kept adding to it as I think of things.
***1. Go to Australia. Done***
2. Have at least one photo published.
3. See a Polar Bear in the wild.
4. Fall deeply in love with someone (again) who loves me back.
5. Name my first daughter Sarah (Assuming I don’t marry a Sarah)
6. Donate blood at least 100 times.
7. Visit New York.
*** 8. Go skinny dipping alone. (as an adult) Done *** (this was unfortunatly caught on tape with quite amusing comentary)
9. Go skinny dipping with other people. (as an adult)
*** 10. Fire a high powered gun at some cans on a fence. *** Done
11. Have dinner with a celebrity.
12. Go to a rave with 1000+ people.
*** 13. Get my motorcycle license *** Done.
14. Meet one distant relative in Nova Scotia.
15. Have a passionate kiss in the warm summer rain.
16. Kiss someone under mistletoe.
17. Get at least one tattoo.
18. Go surfing. (almost did this in Australia but a motorcycle crash the day before sort of put a stop to me doing it)
19. Create a short animated film and post it on the internet.
20. Learn to play at least one song on the guitar.
21. Smoke shesha in a park.
22. Jump off a waterfall.
23. Spend a night sleeping on a beach.
24. Hitchhike somewhere.
25. Ride a train to get to a different city.
26. Leave Calgary for more then 6 months straight.
**27. Find the second Norbert Nipkin book in a used bookstore and read both to my future kids. ** Half done (got the book, no kids yet :-)
28. Visit Dubai
*** 30. Meet up with someone that I met over the internet. ** Done
31. Get totally trashed in a dive bar with complete strangers.
32. Make a new friend for life.
33. See a rainforest before they are gone
*** 34. Make out with someone with an accent. *** Done
35. Make an announcement over the speakers in a department store.
36. Go to a psychic.
37. Poke Lava with a stick.
38. See the northern lights above the Arctic Circle.
39. To fly in a helicopter.
**40. Ask someone I’ve only just met to go on a date.** Done
***41. Dance while listening to my iPod in public. *** Done
42. Catch a fish, clean it, cook it, and eat it.
43. See a Formula one race live.
44. Anonymously send flowers to a girl.
45. Party only in gay bars for a night.
*** 46. Make a pasta dish from scratch (including the pasta) just got me a sweet pasta maker ***
47. Go waterskiing
48. Get a full body tan.
49. Go sailing on the ocean. *** Done May 2010
50. Have a tarantula crawl on my hand. (no idea where to do this)
51. Build and sleep in a lean-to in the rain and stay dry.
52. See my daughter or son get married.
53. Reconcile with Bonnie so I can spend more time with my Dad.***Done***
54. Own tropical fish that survives for at least a year.
55. Win something off the internet.
56. Participate in a bar room brawl.
57. Build a bird house.
58. Go Zorbing in NZ. (if you don't know what this is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIWfNkKfMyQ)
*** 59. Finish Architectural Technologies School *DONE!!!!!!!!!*
60. Make up a really cool name for my motorbike (open to suggestions here) ***done*** you have to ask to find out. ;-P
61. Be able to run 1km without stopping.
62. Go to a ping pong show for the pure oddity of it
***63. Go urban stealth camping***done***
I know some of the things on the list may sound a bit weird so if you have any questions about it please send me a message and I'll let you know
I only have 5 criteria for what I am looking for in a date/girlfriend/wife (someday):
1. You need to be accepting of my inner geek/nerd/dork/child etc. this website is a great place to see what I am talking about (except #3): http://geekgirldiva.entertainmentearth.com/2009/06/5-tips-on-proper-geek-male-maintenance.html
2. The beard is here to stay at least for the time being, please don't ask me to get rid of it.
3. You need to like the outdoors as I'm going to want to go camping with you at some point.
4. Please be somewhat intelligent, I do find intelligence really sexy.
5. Be accepting of my use of cannabis, I'm not a stoner, but I prefer to have a little cannabis instead of a beer at the end of the day to relax.
Well last but not least if you have made it this far send me a message, as you never know you just might be the one that I am looking for.
P.S. Cowboy hats, Glasses, and Artists = Totally Sexy