I like a woman who is intelligent, with a good sense of humor. Offbeat sense of humor and sarcastic wit are welcome :) I love to joke and you will be laughing a lot if you're around me. I'm a live and let live kind of person in a relationship and prefer someone with the same attitude. I like a strong person who can take charge if need be, but don't like bossy people who create needless drama or try to control the person they're with. I see it a lot and it doesn't fly with me and I won't be around for long if someone does that to me. I don't do that to others and I expect the same in return. I think It shows a lack of respect and caring towards the person you're with.
Physically I guess I wouldn't say I have a specific "type" of person I'm attracted to. Different things are appealing about different people though, so I'm fairly open minded. I'm open to dating other races as well. I'm not really big on tattoos and find too many of them start to look unappealing. (They aren't really a sign of individuality or anything meaningful if everybody's getting them. Ironically, they just make people look unoriginal and like they're just following everybody else these days).
I do like to exercise but I'm not the type that expects the person I'm with to do it if it's not their thing and I'm not a fanatic about it. I feel it's the healthy thing to do for me (especially now that I'm ancient. lol). I'd prefer someone with no kids or adult kids, but I'm flexible depending on the type of attitude that children might have about people dating their parent.
I have a wide variety of interests that range from artistic to nerdy to outdoorsy (is that a word?). I'm a passionate person in almost everything I do and can be opinionated about certain things (should have noticed that by now) but I'm a good listener and value my partner's opinions as well. I like a wide variety of music and always keep an ear out for new things I may be interested in. I don't find too many current artists appealing (there seems to be a complete lack of originality and real musicians for the most part)and I don't usually find most club music or hip hop appealing due to it's (mostly) lack of musical talent, crassness and lack of creativity. I'm fond of classic rock, older R&B, funk and soul music and some rap if it actually contains any meaning and doesn't just repeat the words "yeaa", "wave your hands in the air", or support spousal abuse and treating women like garbage as if it's some sort of recreational activity.
Personalities that mesh and good conversation with some common interests are usually the most attractive qualities to me. I am looking for a real relationship with one honest person who is willing to devote the time to making it work. I don't believe in flings or one night stands. Sex without attachment or some sort of mental connection isn't something I'm interested in and I prefer taking things slow. I'm very open to conversation and relationships with mature level headed people of any age, so if you feel like emailing me don't be shy.
I understand that there must be an initial attraction, but I'm not the type of person that believes in instant "magic" when meeting someone new. If you're one of the zillion people on here that say you'll only give someone a chance if you feel an "instant connection" you may be looking a long time. lol That kind of thinking is simplistic and only indicates physical attraction (really knowing someone if you match takes a lot longer than 3 minutes) and usually doesn't lead to a meaningful relationship. I think magic can only happen after knowing someone and being comfortable with them. If you are the type that's chasing some sort of perfect ideal or "love at first sight" we won't match because no one ever lives up to the expectations of people who have this unrealistic ideal and you will ALWAYS find something wrong with every person you meet.
Sorry if I seem a bit jaded (I was actually aiming for extremely bitter).
So after all the profile blabbing and all the checklists and the song and dance, I think it all just boils down to one simple thing that's desired (by most of us I think) but is the most difficult thing to attain: To be in love. To find someone who, when you see that person every day for the rest of your life, you can't imagine living it without them.
Weird things I've noticed about women's POF profiles...
- A lot of demands that the man take care of himself physically and be in shape by women who are clearly out of shape and smoke (and or drink) in their pictures. Very strange and hypocritical.
- Tons of overexposed or blurry profile pictures. Men aren't stupid. We know this is to hide wrinkles. Take a normal picture and be proud of your age.
- Lots of overhead pictures to hide obesity. Everybody makes fun of these because it's so cliché. You can't hide you weight when you meet someone so why take these pictures.
- Middle aged (actually any aged) women making duck lips. No words can describe what a turn off this is. It's like everyone thinks they're a 13 year old with the IQ of a head of lettuce.
- Women in the 45 and up range having an email age range from as young as possible up to their own age. If you think someone even a year older seems too old to date in what universe would you believe a male who could be your grandchild should want to date you. Either you're a predator or are obviously only looking for one thing. Strangely enough these women also put that they want a "serious relationship" in their profiles. Yeah right. You're looking to have something "meaningful" with a high school kid. Ick. Dismissing your own age range says a lot about your maturity level.
- Every woman seems addicted to wine for some reason.
- A lot of women say how much they hate guys that lie about themselves at all in their profiles and wouldn't trust them yet they pack on makeup to hide their true faces, wear heels to change posture and height and often put the wrong age. REALLY hypocritical.
- Women who say a shirtless guy pic is pathetic but have multiple bare chested cleavage shots or bikini pics up. REALLY REALLY hypocritical.