Me..... Nice guy...... regular guy..... happy guy.... fun guy..... funny guy.... likes to laugh.... likes to be spontaneous.... good conversationalist.... interesting life stories and beliefs... good manners... good at being a gentleman.....
I have an open-minded, curious approach to life and the world, and live an active and adventuresome life. I enjoy my time the most when spending or sharing it with a woman. I am emotionally and financially stable. Experienced in age, youthful in spirit (adventurous, spontaneous, out to shows and nightclubs a fair bit, etc.).
I have a strong commitment to taking care of where I live, and I think service to a greater good is the noblest of endeavors. During my 30's and 40's, I was executive director of two wildlife conservation organizations in the western U.S. I spent my 20's as a wilderness guide and environmental educator. Recently, I shifted my career focus to working in an international context, and to place more emphasis on helping people in other countries meet their basic needs.
In addition to work and a social life in the city, my favorite pastimes are to:
- Travel: locally, regionally, nationally, internationally. For a weekend, or a month. I've traveled throughout the world, so I can find social and conversational connection with just about anyone. My love of seeing different people, cultures, and landscapes is why I recently changed my career focus to an international context.
- Be active and in the outdoors. I like walking, hiking, biking, swimming, sailing, scuba diving, kayaking, rafting, camping, climbing, skiing, and so on. Now that I am on the coast (I arrived in Santa Cruz in July), I hope to add surfing and SUPing to that list.
- Listen to music. Music is a very big part of my life (rock, Americana, RandB, blues, jazz, world, bluegrass, folk - musical roots gumbo!!!). Live music best, stuff you can dance to. I go to a number of music festivals each year, in recent years including Hardly Strictly, Waterfront Blues, Lockn', Peach, Targhee Americana, Targhee Bluegrass, others. I was a DJ at a college radio station for 4 years (in my 40s), and I'm learning to play the mandolin. I like to sing too, and do so a good bit of the time..
Beyond that, I offer these quotes or phrases that reflect my approach to living:
- Life is too important to be taken seriously.
- Attitude: the difference between an ordeal and an adventure.
- I'm not perfect, but parts of me are incredible.
- Now is a good time.
If who I am is interest to you, I look forward to hearing from you.