Dena (most call me D)
Ive never actually asked my friends what they'd say about me, (maybe I should) but I like to think they'd say I'm loyal, trustworthy, solid, compassionate and maybe, at times, too honest if there's such a thing.
I love drama, as long as its on a stage. No time for it in my "real life", which is why I've maintained a friendship with my ex. Life is too short to spend energy carrying grudges extra baggage.
. I'm more comfortable in small, casual gatherings with family and friends than 5 star restaurants where I can't figure out which fork to use and don't recognize anything on the menu.
I have a good sense of humor and love friendly bantering.
The most important thing in my life is my son, so it stands to reason that if you have children, I am very understanding of your need to put them first.
While I would, ideally, love to find a relationship, I'm in no hurry. A friend first is great. If it develops into something more.....even better! If not, you can never have too many friends.
What you should know about me:
* My family and friends are the most important things in my life.
* I have 2 "wiener dogs" who are a close second.
* I'm a big animal lover
* My taste in music is pretty varied......My current playlist includes everything from The Eagles to Sugarland to Motown favorites.
* Disneyland is MY happiest place on earth
* I love to cook, especially Italian foods
* I'm a bit of a sports junkie. My favorite teams are the Raiders, Giants and Sharks
* I have a great (and somewhat sarcastic) sense of humor but I'm open minded and I don't judge.
* I support and respect our troops and volunteer my time whenever and however I can to pay it forward.
What I'm hoping to find in a partner
Someone who is:
*. Monogamous when in a committed relationship
* Somewhat chivalrous
* More conservative than liberal (and know the difference)
* Family oriented
* Prepared to go to DISNEY!!!!!
* Able to make me laugh and be able to laugh at himself
* Modest. Not only am I NOT impressed by the photos of you flexing in the mirror shirtless, I'm absolutely turned OFF by them. I'm interested in your heart and your mind, not your muscles or your wallet. (And there's nothing more sexy than a toilet in the background of the profile picture you took in the bathroom mirror LOL). ??. That would be the sarcastic side of me. It really is harmless.
I'm looking for a best friend. Someone to spend time with doing nothing at all, or just taking in a last minute movie or bite to eat. Someone to curl up and watch "our favorite shows" together and communicate without speaking because we know what each other is thinking. Is that too much to ask? Best friends come in all shapes, sizes, colors and ethnicities and I'm and equal opportunity friend. Don't get me wrong......I AM looking for a relationship, but I think the most successful relationships have a strong foundation built on friendship.
Conversation Starters (i.e. what you'd like to do on a first date...)
I think of a first date as more of a meet and greet, so an opportunity to talk. Maybe a trip to the grocery store to pick up a good bottle of wine, some antipasto fixin's and then a trip to the park. ??