I'm a musician with an engineering habit. I've got a degree in jazz piano, and another in computer engineering. I have fun writing software during the work days, and rehearsing and playing shows with my bands for many of my evenings and weekends. I can also frequently be found teaching, or training in Kenpo. So my rather hectic schedule means that my odds of meeting really interesting people seem to be somewhat lower than I'd like. So here I am!
I love outdoor adventures: camping, exploring new places, finding awesome swimming holes, or even discovering an interesting store or bar that I had no idea existed (that last part was a lot easier when I lived in Toronto). I can also be a big geek, who spends far too much time on YouTube and Wikipedia, plays board games with his friends, has never actually gotten all that great at video games (despite the hours of my life sunk into them), and has loved Star Wars since he was 4. I thoroughly enjoy fantasy and science fiction novels, and I love catching up on movies I should have already seen. It also takes zero effort to convince me to go out for a pint, or to bring an instrument to a party. My musical tastes are widely varied, and jump through classic rock, jam bands, blues, folk, jazz, swing, metal, '80s pop, choral, '90s alternative, classical, and current indy bands. I will like at least a few things in basically any genre.
My friends mean the world to me, which means I'm never one to spend all my time with a significant other. I also have a very tight relationship with my parents, although I have no other family in the province.
- I own two dogs, one huge and one small (I claim 40 lbs is small).
- I look for any excuse to disappear on an adventure, especially into the woods with a tent.
- I own a large assortment of swanky hats, which I tend to wear while performing.
- I always like having good music that I've never heard of before suggested to me.
- I love going out with friends to a bar with an old piano, and playing sing-along tunes all night.
- I make a damn good omelette.
- I am somewhat of a cuddle-bug.
- The "I want to date but nothing serious" field is there because I can't select "I'm not sure, it depends on who I meet".