I finished grad school in December and just returned from volunteering in Northern Ireland. I work in the non-profit sector.
I could spend a lot of time telling you about my passions (human rights, dancing, studying languages, etc.) but instead I think I'll write about my grievous sins, which are much more revealing. Brace yourself. Here we go:
1) I put off taking out the trash as long as possible. This is not because having trash bags in the closet doesn't bother me, but rather that I hate touching icky things. Go ahead, call me a woos.
2) I have spoiled many a lovely outdoor moment by fleeing from bugs. As a redhead with pale skin, I am a regularly featured dish on the menu of the mosquito buffet.
3) I am quite passionate in my beliefs and am often hypocritical. For example, I have feminist objections to shaving but also do not like to be overly hairy.
4) I hate flannel. I'm currently under review by the Lesbian Status Committee. They may pull my membership card. Further actions that could bring loss of membership privileges include the occasional wearing of high heels and makeup. Oi, the treason!
5) When in love I become a terrible klutz. The object of my affection is likely to suffer minor injury.
There you have it. If you can deal with all that, drop me an email! No couples or ladies with partners, please.
Conversation Starters (i.e. what you'd like to do on a first date...)
I'm really open to various possibilities. In the past I've done dinner, movies, coffee, musums, hindu temples, scavenger hunts, botanic gardens, and other random things. I only have 2 requirements: 1)We talk. 2)We can hear each other.