A few easy-to-scan facts...
- I laugh at my own jokes, although I try not to
- I don't like to think of myself as a coffee addict, but I appear to be its **** slave
- I like to answer the phone the way Alexander Graham Bell made the first phone call (hoy hoy)
- I make strange noises for no reason but perhaps bordom and mild self-amusement
- I must attend the next Ottawa Zombie walk
- I'm in no way opposed to the idea of lightsaber fights on the first date
- Cycling to work (47km both ways) can be the high point of my day (okay, a boring day, but I still love it)
- My comments are often mistaken for being sarcastic... I need to work on that
- Studying the media (I'm a bit of a Chomskyphile) and psychology - I know the world is rich with therapists, but that's the goal
- The darker the beer the better, but wine is right for a night on the town
- Pho and sushi would probably be my desert island foods
- I'll try anything once
- If you like the blonde, tanned, vacant type, go some place else... but if a dark haired girl with Uma Thurman fashion sense and a taste for Dane Cook and Bill Maher is your type, you've found her.
Who am I looking for? Someone who will appreciate and understand me, and allow me to be me. I'm tired of feeling like I need to be someone else for guys. I'm very creative, I try not to take life too seriously, and I am always looking for new experiences to heighten my understanding of the world. I'm not religous, but I'm grounded in spiritual and philosophical beliefs, which are always evolving - personal growth is a wonderous thing. Similar interests is key, as is a personality I automatically click with. You can be messed up for whatever reason, but so long as you're taking care of the situation, it's all good. Lastly, honesty is by far the most important thing for me - liars drive me into crazy-woman mode, which isn't pretty. I am very understanding and supportive of others, so there really is no need with me.
Pop Culture Extravaganza...
My favorite book is A Confederacy of Dunces, which sums up my sense of humor, my writing style, and my general view of reality. As far as films and music, I like anything that is remotely interesting or clever, and all that falls outside the box. Withnail & I, The Big Lebowski, and Ghost World are right up my alley, but I also love campy horror and classics. The Dandy Warhols are about as mainstream I as I get. Okay, that's not true. After a few martinis, if my conversation sombrero is on nice and tight, I'll dance to just about anything.
On a side note, please feel free to contact me, but I can't promise a reply unless a) you've put some effort into introducing yourself (ie. "You seem interesting, let's chat" does not warrant a response - it doesn't take a lot of work, really) and b) your profile actually indicates your personality and interests...unless of course you don't have a personality, in which case I don't think things would go very far.
In all honesty, I like to get to know people, to become comfortable with them, through email or msn first, since it allows me to communicate myself without reservation (aka nervousness).
Coffee, drinks, films, art gallery tours, a walk through the market, it's all good. If dinner ensued at a later date, experiencing unchartered cuisine territory. I'm open to many experiences, so I generally like my date deciding what we would do, since I can find fun in just about anything.