....bungee jumping may be a bad idea.
Recently moved back to Nova Scotia after being away for about 20 years (took a long time to tunnel out and escape – kidding). Hope to meet someone to re-explore the area with.
- Single/never married. Very independent, don't need someone to look after me.
- Have many interests and hobbies (maybe too many, but hey it keeps life interesting).
- Been described as "professional", "serious". Still believe in chivalry.
- Rarely watch TV but always have a radio or CD on.
- Odd/dry sense of humour. Prefer suggestive over in-your-face comedy.
- Really dislike bars but occasionally go to see live music.
- Love music. Listen to pretty much any style (depends on the day or mood). Jazz and progressive rock tend to top my list though. I can go days without food or oxygen but a day without music I start to turn blue and sickly looking! There’s a name for me – melomaniac (seriously, Google it).
- Don’t like cats, like dogs.
- Not interested in recreational drug users or heavy drinkers. Just not my thing.
- Enjoy being outdoors. Fall is my favourite time of year. Not into ATVs, rather hike instead.
- Curious about new things, cultures, places. Told I’m a good listener.
Been single for a long time so there are no lingering exes. Someone on here recently made the conclusion never being married must mean I have commitment issues. Although I can see where they could think that, it couldn’t be further from the truth. Over the years I’ve seen friends marry Miss/Mr “Close Enough for Now” only to end up divorced and repeating the cycle again. I have no interest in dating someone I know there is not at least a chance of being long term. That being said I realize it takes time to really get to know someone, but sometimes there are red flags that show up early.
FYI, I rarely respond to one-liner emails (Yo, wuz up, how r u, etc). Also, you may have a real eye catcher photo but someone truly interested in you is going to want some view into your personality. So, if your profile just says TBD, I probably will not respond.
It's October, time for Halloween music! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDpYBT0XyvA, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3w2OCylUTU, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7f2LZK3zsY (one of Stephen King's favorite bands, and mine)
Why post links to music? Well, where music is a big part of my life it will hopefully give you an idea of what I'm like. Stay tuned, I change this part from time to tome. Say, that's a good ice breaker...tell me one of your favorite songs/bands/etc.
Some place where it is easy to talk and get to know more about each other. Casual, more of a meet-and-greet for the first meeting, then if all goes well, a real date based on getting to know more what each person likes/dislikes.