Really not convinced I’ll meet "the one" on this site, but one must try. Met some interesting people but no real connection. I’m comfortable with being single but often think it would be nice to share certain moments/experiences with a close friend. Told I’m too picky, but I’m looking for long term, not a quick fling.
- Single/never married. Very independent, I’ve supported myself for many years.
- Have many interests and hobbies (maybe too many, but hey it keeps life interesting).
- Been described as "professional", "serious". Try my best to be a gentleman.
- Don’t watch TV but always have a radio or CD on.
- Odd/dry sense of humour. Prefer suggestive over in-your-face comedy.
- Really dislike bars but occasionally go to see live music.
- Love music. Listen to pretty much any style (depends on the day or mood).
- Don’t like cats, like dogs.
- Enjoy being outdoors. Fall is my favourite time of year.
- Curious about new things, cultures, places. Told I’m a good listener.
How about you:
- Single! Seriously folks, it’s not that complicated.
- Honest, independent, mature.
- Sense of curiosity in the world around you and have respect/empathy for others.
- Like outdoor activities, are active.
- Don’t need to be connected to a cell phone 24-7.
- Have interests or hobbies. Have a passion for something, anything.
I see many profiles here "looking to meet new people". Not interested in meeting new people because technically a new person would have just been born. I know, bad joke, but if you laughed then maybe we would hit it off. If you didn’t get it then you probably wouldn’t be interested in me.
FYI, I generally don’t respond to emails that consist only of one word (yo, hey, sup, etc) or someone with little in their profile. Pretty hard to build a conversation with nothing to go on.
"People are weird. When we find someone with weirdness that is compatible with ours, we team up and call it love." - Dr. Seuss
The last original member of The Ramones passed away last month so this is on my playlist recently:
Rather than call that first meeting a “first date”, let's say "meet and greet"! No pressure, something casual like coffee (not Tim's though) or a walk along the boardwalk would be good to break the ice, then decide on a first date.