....bungee jumping may be a bad idea.
Recently moved back to Nova Scotia after being away for about 20 years (took a long time to tunnel out and escape – kidding). Hope to meet someone to re-explore the area with.
- Single/never married. Very independent, don't need someone to look after me.
- Have many interests and hobbies (maybe too many, but hey it keeps life interesting).
- Been described as "professional", "serious". Still believe in chivalry.
- Rarely watch TV but always have a radio or CD on.
- Odd/dry sense of humour. Prefer suggestive over in-your-face comedy.
- Really dislike bars but occasionally go to see live music.
- Love music. Listen to pretty much any style (depends on the day or mood). Jazz and progressive rock tend to top my list though. I can go days without food or oxygen but a day without music I start to turn blue and sickly looking! There’s a name for me – melomaniac (seriously, Google it).
- Don’t like cats, like dogs.
- Not interested in recreational drug users or heavy drinkers. Just not my thing.
- Enjoy being outdoors. Fall is my favourite time of year. Not into ATVs, rather hike instead.
- Curious about new things, cultures, places. Told I’m a good listener.
Been single for a long time so there are no lingering exes. Someone on here recently made the conclusion never being married must mean I have commitment issues. Although I can see where they could think that, it couldn’t be further from the truth. Over the years I’ve seen friends marry Miss/Mr “Close Enough for Now” only to end up divorced and repeating the cycle again. I have no interest in dating someone I know there is not at least a chance of being long term. That being said I realize it takes time to really get to know someone, but sometimes there are red flags that show up early.
FYI, I rarely respond to one-liner emails (Yo, wuz up, how r u, etc). Also, you may have a real eye catcher photo but someone truly interested in you is going to want some view into your personality. So, if your profile just says TBD, I probably will not respond. Oh, or if it is painfully obvious you didn't read my profile.
This one has been playing in my head lately, Iggy keeps popping up(pardon the pun).: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P09rxVaQAM
(my punk rock roots are showing)
Why post links to music? Well, where music is a big part of my life it will hopefully give you an idea of what I'm like. Stay tuned, I change this part from time to tome. Say, that's a good ice breaker...tell me one of your favorite songs/bands/etc.
Some place where it is easy to talk and get to know more about each other. Casual, more of a meet-and-greet for the first meeting, then if all goes well, a real date based on getting to know more what each person likes/dislikes.