Ugh! I apologize in advance as I dislike having to say this because I so much dislike reading "conditions" in other people's profiles, BUT, I get greetings where all that is written is "Hi" or "Hi there". So how do I reply? "Hi" in return? At that rate its going to take us forever to get to know one another. So, if you think you see something in my profile that is of interest to you, please strike-up a conversation, ask a question, PLEASE, Then we can begin to communicate. But, sorry, if it's just a "Hi" or "Hey there" I can't promise I'm going to reply.
So, on that note, here's a bunch of stuff from which to consider some mutal interests, beliefs, things we may have in common. First, about ME?
I am the father of 3 beautiful girls, oops, sorry, beautiful “princesses” ages 8, 11 and 14 and a male Golden Retriever (the girls wanted a boy dog to balance the gender in the family). When I state princesses it’s not because they are overly spoiled, but they're simply my princess in all regards. It is a gift to be their father (even the dog's come to think of is - now that he’s well trained), all the hugs and kisses (even the dog's), playing with them, sharing with them, listening to them. Of course it’s also a lot of work, but a kind word of appreciation, a wag of the tail (the dog, not the girls), a smile, seeing them hungrily cobble-down something I've made for supper (the dog and the girls), a hug or kiss and irrespective of how much hard work it is, it’s all worth the effort (unless I get slobbered on - the dog, the girls don't slobber a lot anymore). That said my time sharing the children with their mother allows lots of free time for developing a relationship and spending fun times with someone special.
As far as describing myself, I'd say my virtues are:
- Positive, an “every cloud has a silver lining” sort (although there are occasions where some reflection is required to find that silver lining);
- Analytical, I think I just like considering or calculating the probabilities and then seeing if I'm right;
- Modest and self deprecating when I do something silly, or dumb;
- Easy going;
- Creative (handy with my hands, I build things) and adventurous (travel, trying new things - I recently tried kite surfing in Vietnam);
- I have a good work ethic and believe there is always learning and experience to be gained with effort applied to a task;
- Balance in life is important;
- I’m pleased with the path that life has taken me/I have taken and I feel pretty fortunate for what I have been able to do in life;
- It's important for me to be in good physical shape, I play hockey 2 -3 times per week and go to the gym - if nothing else it allows me to keep-up with the girls and the dog;
- I like the outdoors, cottaging, bicycling, SCUBA, tennis, water skiing, riding my ‘horse’ (my motorcycle - I like to imagine it's my horse), camping, sailing;
- Love to travel (any places you're itching to go?);
I suppose, to be fair I should of course provide some insights on potential faults.
Yeah right! Okay, my weaknesses are that "I ALWAYS try so hard to please the person I`m with that I sometimes ignore my own needs”. Would you believe me if I said that? It would be nice to be able to say that was a fault, but then you'd probably get so sick of me after a while. I can imagine: "Argh, this guy is such a pain. He's ALWAYS asking me if I'm happy. He drives me crazy!" "Are you happy sweety? You look tired? Is something upsetting you? Anything I can do for you? Would you like a back rub? How about a foot rub? Can I get you a drink? Tea, wine, juice, water, sangria? Something to snack on? How about something to drink and snack on while I give you a foot rub? Then I'll draw a bath for you and when you're done I'll give you a back rub, then I'll clean-up, take the garbage out, walk the dog while you sleep. Would you like breakfast in bed tomorrow?" Actually, I could probably take that kind of attention for a little while (hee, hee). Just kidding. I am kind though and I do give amazing foot, back and face massages!
Okay, seriously if I had to dig deep, REALLY DEEP, I'd suggest that I have certain preferences for doing things (I mean, don't we all?), they’re ways I’ve become accustomed to. It doesn’t mean I won’t consider, appreciate or accept your way if its a good idea, but what I think is most important is we try to understand and accept one another’s ways. I try to be punctual, but sometimes I can be a bit of a doddler, or I just can't seem to herd the three rabbits (my daughters) in the time I allocated (I get a couple going and one has stopped to nibble grass, then I get her focused and one of the other ones has now stopped to nibble grass), but if I'm late it's infrequent and I'll call to let you know I'm on my way and I'll never leave you waiting in an uncomfortable location or situation, maybe I might just arrive at your house a tad later than I suggested, BUT, I of course am TOTALLY forgiving of your being late, if you give me the same consideration of calling, and its not all the time, even if I’m waiting at some strange place because I know nobody is perfect, stuff just happens and life is just too short to make an issue of such things. It's not about you, it's me being a doddler and I want to both be forgiven and want to forgive and it really has NOTHING to do with the way I respect you. Otherwise, I think I'm pretty normal, fun to be with kind of a guy!
What I would find attractive in you:
- Someone who values personal fitness (for whatever her reasons may be, although hopefully it doesn't include taking steroids and competing for a woman's body building championship) and likes to be active;
- Someone who also likes to relax, take it easy, share dinner, cuddle and watch a movie;
- Is nice (being nice is ... well ... I think about the nicest attribute anyone can have);
- Has a pretty smile that she hopefully shows freely and often because its so beautiful to me and it makes my heart race when she smiles and laughs;
- A good sense of humour because I love to hear you laugh and not taking life too seriously is a very important tool for good mental health (although hopefully when you laugh you don't sound like a donkey);
- Has a preference to eat healthy (not always, but is inclined to eat healthier things);
- Is naturally inquisitive, adventurous and has some creative juices (whatever the form of creativity);
- Reflective and self realized (I mean that she feels pretty confident in herself, her strengths and weaknesses and hopefully is eager to continue to grow)
- isn't looking for a relationship to change her life, but rather to enhance it.